Thread: Has anyone not gained weight on Mirtazipine

Has anyone not gained weight on Mirtazipine

Hi all

My name is Jackie I am new to this site.

On Friday my CPN spoke with my Doc & agreed because I was not responding well to 150mg Sertraline I should change to Mirtazipine.

I took my first 15mg dose on Friday night. I loved the fact that it made me sleep & has continued to do so but I have noticed that I am constantly feeling hungry & craving sweet things.

Does this ever wear off & do you put a lot of weight on with this medication. I have read the leaflet & reviews & am really concerned about the weight issue.

Can someone please let me know if it has not happened to them. Am I feeling the hunger because I am expecting to because I read its a side effect. Is it all in the head?

I have to go see my GP tomorrow to discuss this new medication. I think I will raise the weight issue with her.

Also, does anyone know if you are able to take the weight loss pill Orlistat or the over the counter version Ali with Mirtazipine.

I would greatfully appreciate anyone taking the time to help me understand this problem?

Jackie

Re: Has anyone not gained weight on Mirtazipine

I'm just starting my third month on mirtazapine (30mg), and I can't say I've particularly noticed any hunger pangs or change in my eating pattern. What I have noticed though is a marked decrease in anxiety, which, after years on a variety of useless SSRI medications, I am quite pleased about. Frankly, even if it did make me eat more, I wouldn't mind. I'd rather be a bit fatter than a dithering wreck.

Thread Information