Thread: New To This

New To This

Ok so i'm new to this whole 'dropping' 'fluttering' 'thudding' kind of thing.

I've only had them the past few days, and they've only happened after meal times.

I've had all the blood work done to do with anxiety and everything has been ruled out, and had an ECG which was normal.

So is this whole sensation i'm getting just a different kind of palpitation or am I looking at something completely different

Re: New To This

Mine is usually after meals also
    I feel a flutter right up in to my throat

Quite scary at the time but does not last long

marc

i get this feeling nearly all day everyday atm its horrible and very scary,feel like your heart is missing beats and then does a somersault is only way i can describe it

I often get palpitations, feels like my heart is going to stop. Unfortunately it hasn't yet, but I live in hope . I've had them for years but I don't take any notice of them. If they were going to kill me they would have done it by now. And I've had the dropping, fluttering, thudding type as well so I can understand you concern. We are anxiety sufferers and palpitations kind of go with territory.

All the best from
    a fellow welshmen

John
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.
    From the book Dune by Frank Herbert

I get that too best way I can describe it is feels like my heart has farted sometimes it leaves me short of breath when it does it for a split second then im fine. I found cutting down on caffeine helped some what

Aye, i've not touched chocolate, coke cola in ages and I rarely drink tea/coffee as it is, just annoying that it's a new symptom and it's come from nowhere pah.

I also wonder if it has something to do with my body now being used to omeprazole for the horrid acid I was getting.

Yeah thats a good point baz actually I remember when i first started taking aripiprazole I had it pretty bad also found this with sleeping pills I was on. So maybe some pills can give you it pretty bad I often wondered if it was because I was on my back most of the day that maybe caused it

i too suffer from these horrible missed beats.... i think you nailed it when you described as been when your heart just farted luke1982! i think thats the beat way i can describle it. i found the description quite funny tho. haha that cheered me up.... it kinda takes the fear from them now..... oops there goes my heart farting again!

Mine isn't alway's in my throat tho mine is sometimes in the middle of my chest ... please say someone else's is too x x

Quote Originally Posted by Panickypants View Post
    Mine isn't alway's in my throat tho mine is sometimes in the middle of my chest ... please say someone else's is too x x

yes i sometimes get the feeling of a fast beat for a few seconds in my chest,its scary.

Thread Information