Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taking some Time out

Taking some Time out

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that i will also (like Becci) be taking some time off from the site.

I have finished my anxiety management 6 week course (it went so quickly) - i was meaning to write up about it each week, but didnt realise how little time I would have as Ive really turned a corner these last few weeks so have been able to do more than previoulys (even just little things).

My depression has lifted a considerable amount these last 10 days - Im hoping that it will last but only time will tell.

I feel that I need to take some time off from the site - It has been a godsend to me these last 8 months and ive learnt so much and made some great friends, but I think nows the time to take a step back and work harder on myself..i dont mean this to sound selfish in any way.

I feel that the time is right for me to take the time off now - I have got lots of tools and techniques from my course which I want to build on, and practice, and also find a hobby which i can do at home ...any suggestions anyone?!....

Ive learnt about SMART goals - not doing too much too soon....

At my course we each looked at a goal we want to set ourselves and achieve and make sure that it is SMART- I have 2 ...

1. Start driving again - Last nite my finace and i picked up a new car which means that i can start to work towards this goal in very small stages...but I will do it - i dont feel any pressure to do it and know that I can and will do what i am able to in my own time.

2. I want to be able to do my weekly shop with my finace....I discussed this goal with my group (as we each did) and broke it down into small steps (building confidence for as long as it takes going to smaller shops etc etc) and we all swapped tips and advice...

So i have a lot to work on...the difference is that this time, the course has given me the strength to want to work on it.

I can not truly believe how much i have benifited from this course - I am by no means cured and have a long way to go - but I know how faith in myself - i am understanding more about how anxiety really effects us.

I will miss the group each week.

I feel a stronger person from this course and it is the BEST things i have done in the last year - even those around me can notice the change.

I feel happier in myself...I dont hold so much guilt and burden.. the course has really made me feel empowered.

In the last session yesterday you could really see that change in the whole group - we all really bonded over the 6 weeks and it is sad that its over...but we have the oportunity of further cunselling etc if need be ...there is always help.

Im sorry that I have rambled on...

But dont worry...you havnt got rid of me for good! I wil def be poping back now and again...I hope you understand why i need some time out...

xxxx

Tatty B xx

hello, aw it was great reading your post and how this anxiety management course has really helped you, well i;ll be starting mine in few weeks so i hope it has the same effect on myself, ive been really thinking about going out to work just part-time recently, but i;ll do the group 1st coz im thinking really positive that it will really help me,

i want to be like you and take time out from the site, but i think when i go out i wont be coming back in again, i think sometimes talking to much about your anxietyjust makes you dwell on things. i have started a computer course that i do at home but at the end of the day im wanting back out again, not sitting infront of pc talking on sites,

well you take care and maybe one day we;ll talk again, but im really proud of you, stick in there

take care
    lucy xx

I am starting mine soon too so glad it helped!

Good luck too you!

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

Hi Tatty B

So glad the anxiety course has helped you so much, you sound so much more positive about everything. Well done you!
    I don't tend to come on site as much as I used to although I would like to help others as you have all helped me, but I think that sometimes as you are getting better you need to concentrate more on yourself.
    You are not being selfish at all, just thinking positively.
    Good luck in your journey towards reaching your goals.

Take care

Elaine x

Tatty

Its great that you've moved on and out to practicing your new skills and not needing to be here so much.

Thats how we expect it to be -you're progressing.

Good luck and know that we're still willing you on and wishing you all the very best.

Love

Meg xx

Well done Tatty! I am very very pleased for you. Great to hear that things are looking up for you. Hope to speak to you again in future, thanks for your help you have been good support.

Well done Tatty and Good luck

love

MANDIE XX

Will I ever escape this?
    Will I ever be free?
    Wake me up from this nightmare.
    Please just give me the key!

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU for all the well wishes and messages...it is really apprecited

Tatty B xx

Tatty

Big hug and take care and make sure you put all that hard work into practice.

We will miss you so please pop back ok?

xxx

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Hi Tatty

WELL DONE!!!!

I am really glad that the anxiety course helped you.

Keep up the great work.

Take Care

Chucklehound

xxxx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information