Thread: Diazepam

Diazepam

Hiya,

I have been prescribed various anti-depressants in the past.. and I don't feel that they have helped me at all, really.. so I wanted to try something a little more sedating, I guess. My doctor at home was going to prescribe me diazepam (or something similar), but wouldn't whilst I was on the other meds, and the doctor here refuses to prescribe me it or sleeping tablets. So I orderd some diazepam off the internet.

I know this probably isn't the best way to go about this, but I think if I am feeling less anxious then I will be less low. Even though the depression caused the anxiety, I feel that the causes of the depression have been talked out, and am now only suffering because of my attachment issue, and the anxiety attacks, so thought it may be beneficial to make one less of a problem.

What does anyone else feel about diazepam as a short term solution? Does anyone have any idea of how short term this should be?

Thanks, Hannah

"Suddenly I see, this is what I want to be, Suddenly I see, why the hell it means so much to me"

I think sedatives as a very short term solution can be a positive thing especially when used with care and for emergencies only.

Valarium tincture worked really well for me.

I cannot agree with buying drugs off the internet .

You have no idea of the quality of the drug you're buying, it's true original source or how it has been stored during its shelf life.
    Drug trafficking can be dangerous.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

hi i was put on diazapam when i was bad with panic attacks and anxiety i was only allowed to stay on them for 6weeks then my doctor would not give me any more they helped me relax and sleep better i was on 2mg i still have panic attacks and anxiety i am waiting to see a cpn nurse but there is a long waiting list

Hi,

I have to agree with Meg, buying drugs off the internet is a very bad idea indeed. You really wont know for sure what you are getting. There maybe a lot of honest people/companies on the net but for every 1 of them, there are 10 dishonest.

It maybe better to ask to see another doctor if your not happy with the answers your present one is giving you.

All the best,

Alan

Try not to get dependent on them or you will be introducing even more problems in the future.

Be very careful ordering online - there is obviously a reason the doctor won't give them to you.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Thank you for your advice.

I did order them from a reputable company, I know they are OK... I am not completely dense, just a bit desperate to beat this, I guess.

My doctor wouldn't give them to me as she believes I have an addictive personality, which would be true.... it just makes you want it more really though!

"Suddenly I see, this is what I want to be, Suddenly I see, why the hell it means so much to me"

No 'reputable' company is going to send prescription only medication to someone without a prescription Hannah.

I understand you are geting desperate but have you exhausted all the other avenues first , the passifloras, valarian tincture, Bach remedies etc first.

Your reasoning for wanting this help is sound, but you're right, if you are an addictive personality, you are going to struggle harder than most to keep them for emergencies only.

Also knowing that you have an endless source is not helpful as for people often knowing they are scarce is what makes people use them sparingly.

Anyway - they're already on their way - so good luck with them.

Take care Hannah

Meg

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.

Hi Meg,

No you're right.. I can see the problems with ordering online, but it wasn't a UK website, and one that I know people who have used it before, one of my friends uses it frequently, so I am trying to have a bit of faith in it, I guess.

I do realise the dangers of doing this, and being able to order them as I choose, but I decided once I bought them that this was going to be the only lot I ordered, and only until I am coping a little better. In fact I am only intending on using them for the one day of Uni a week that I can't cope with, the one which wipes me out, and possibly for meetings with the lecturer who really scares me, and that is only once a fortnight.

I am also not going to be 'looking after' medication myself, (like I haven't with the ads more recently), so I will be sticking to a strict plan with them... and thankfully, I am really bad with routines, like I NEED them! And my friend is willing and in fact very keen on preventing me from becoming addicted.

This isn't just something I have done, but something I have thought through until I had answered every kind of problem really... and ended up with nothing that I haven't been able to account for or solve. (Hopefully). I am also hoping I don't have to take them once the CBT starts to take effect anyway...

Sorry, just feel like I had to justify it, not that I can really. Thanks again.

Its great to hear that you really have thought it through and got contingency plans in place to help you and know exactly what they are to be used for.

I hope they do the trick and help you through until your new CBT practices take over.

Good luck

Meg

Thread Information