Thread: THE CHILD WITHIN

THE CHILD WITHIN

After visiting my councillor yest she summed up that I have a fear of being trapped due to my past experiances.

She told me it could be talking to someone and feeling i cant get away, driving the car with cars all around me, doing the school run with all them people around me.

Suddenly this all made perfect sence to me because if ever we went to a pub/meal I would always want to sit with my back to the wall so no one was behind me and i could see the exit.

Once I was trapped in a lift with 3 other people and they were all so calm but i had a major panic and had to sit down on the floor because i felt there was no air.

After visiting my councillor I went out to work/the bank/the postoffice/the shops and finally the hairdressers.

I didnt panic at all because everytime I felt i may ,I thought of my counc's advice....... "Its not you panicking its the little girl inside you"

Somehow this has taken the pressure off me.

mirryx

I'm glad to hear you found some peace with in your self. It good when you can finaly find that perfect sentance that just make you feel so much better. When think make sence thing tend to fall in to place. keep it up Good work.

WOW! Sounds good!

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

Hi Mirry

I'm glad you have found a way of dealing with things. It always amazes me how the simple little things we say to ourselves can either help or hinder us. Anxious nervy people like us automatically give ourselves negative messages. If we could replace ALL those messages with positive ones and tell ourselves everything will be fine; think how great it would be!!! Easier said than done, I know but as long as we keep trying, thats the main thing.

Take care

Jem xxx

Hi Mirry,
    I know exactly what you mean when you say 'The child within'. A counsellor has told me to embrace that 'child' and reassure her that she is safe with me, and I will always be there for her.

Best Wishes Jennyxx

J. Farmer

Hi,

Jenny did you have to take in photos of yourself as a child?

I have to next time and for some strange reason I feel very very uncomfortable about it ?
    Infact I feel terrified.

mirryx

Hi Mirry

Well done for all you achieved yesterday.

A therapist has also talked to me about reaching out to my inner child and reassuring the 'little girl' that she is now safe and I am looking after her.

It is great that this has helped you so much. I found this concept rather difficult to put into action.

What concerns you so much about taking the photos to show your counsellor? Are they some photos you feel more comfortable about than others?

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hi Mirry

This is not uncommon as you have already seen. Your next sessions will continue partially on this theme of you helping your inner child - thus the pictures.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

I think to look at my childhood photos is upseting really.....
    But why it upsets me so much I just dont know ?
    Maybe I will find out soon?

mirryx

I can remember a lot of bad thing's happening to me and rember telling my mum I hated her ect. But when eva i look at photo's I get happy i dont know why I cant remember the happy moment as much but I do know I must have had them If photo's make me smile and feel good. I do get more happy memory flash back these day's but i wish i could remember then as well as every thing els.

I still have to horible deap dark feeling (proberly just the anxiety) something bad happen to me or did something bad. Maybe it's as simple as feeling like I made my parent's slpit up. I know that was not posible as I was only 6mth old but I do remember alway thinking my parent split up when i was baby. When I hit my teen year's my image of my dad was shattered BIG time and everything I though i new was so untrue we see out parent's threw rose coloured glasses till something make's us take them off. For me that was seeing my dad drunk way to many time's and him saying "Kids thought's dont count" and the last straw would have been when he pushed my step brother real hard and hurt him. I still try to remember that he's my dad but I struggle to see him as anything but a drunk who cant be botherd with his own kids. I use to hate my self for noting liking the bad thing's about him but these day's i struggle with the time's that i still try to see him threw thoes rose coloured glasses I wore as child.

My mum got angry and threw me agaist the wall and moved out at 16y and didn't speack for a while and I hate that I can do that to my mum but not my dad. I cant even tell my dad that I dont think act's like a proper dad at all not one bit. Im still waiting for my dad to show me that he can be a dad while I put my mum threw the ringer trying to get her to let me live my life my way. It's funny/scary how we remember growing up the different thing's that make us who we are today. I worry how my kids will view my parenting abilty when thay get older. I just pray that have learnt from my mum's and dad's and my own mistake's and that i can head off any potencial family drama that arise as thay grow.

Thread Information