Thread: Awful Night

Awful Night

Hi Guys

Just wanted to tell you about the awful night I had last night. I posted a thread afew days ago about going through a phase with these awful weird beats etc. Last night though, they just went on all night. It was like every few beats. I kept telling myself to not panic and don't worry, i've been tested numerous times etc but its very hard to do. I kept trying to ignore them but it is so hard to just ignore them when they're happening. I get the weird, quick beating for a few beats, missed beats, extra thuds, the whole shabang. Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts on how you cope and just ignore them?

Thanks guys
    Tracy

Re: Awful Night

No easy answer to this one, after ages with few problems I had a 3 night period of the most awful ectopics enough to stop me sleeping. I took myself off to the GP who listened and said "harmlesss" just ignore them (easy for him to say !). Funny thing is once I had that bit of reassurance I did start to feel better so much so I did an hour and a half of circuit training two days later and not a murmur. Now I am getting them again but cant see what it is that triggers them. If youve had the tests and spoken to the quack its the usual advice , try and relax, cut out the caffeine and the alcahol and try to get your sleep. I do notice that even after the worst of nights I am always there the next morning to moan about it. I am what a consultant called "heart aware" and the secret is to be so involved in other things you dont notice what your heart is doing. Not easy but you will find a way to cope Im sure.

Re: Awful Night

Hi

Thanks for that. I am definately going to try and ignore them and try to relax. I know I definately need to get more sleep as I do tend to stay up very late at night then have to get up very early for work.

thanks again

Thread Information