Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Worrying over HIV again, im in a right panic

Jem27 Guest
    I am worried he has contracted it since he last gave blood 4 mths ago.

No I do not have a drink problem I only drink if I go out with friends and thats not very often. id say per week I have no more than a couple of glasses of wine if im relaxing in the evening with my husband.

I hate hangovers, no way could I have a drink problem!!!

Jem27 Guest
    Thank you Kaz. I do hope he doesnt. I just feel so weak in my legs, dizzy & worn out to be honest. I feel terrible but I guess its all this stress.

Jem27 Guest
    Oh right ok Ellen, sorry your reply just offended me abit to be honest as im not much of a drinker at all.

I hate drinking now after all of this. I only had about 6 vodka & lemonades but I never drink vodka so really think it made me very very drunk and out of it for this to happen. I do not remember a thing.

My husband knows i cant remember anything but no ive not tol dhim ive found out more, I just can't:-(

Im sorry Jem if I offended you about asking about your drinking.My brother is an alcoholic,and they can never remember things after they sober up.I wasnt judging you,I dont even know you.I apologise again.And I will stay of this post.Sorry:(

Ellen XX

Jem27 Guest
    No Ellen its ok, sorry I didn't mean to upset you. I just don't want people thinking because I can't remember a drunken night out that I make a habit of this because I don't, I rarely go out and drink.

Jem

I am assuming that you haven't been having unprotected sex with your hubbie since you thought that you had HIV?

The chances are so slim so try not to worry ok.

People will forget what you said
    People will forget what you did
    But people will never forget how you made them feel

Nicola

Jem, I agree you should be tested. Unfortunately, the incubation period for HIV is very long, so it could take a long time for you to kow... I know this because I used to work a a convenience store where a child picked up a hypodermic in the lot and jabbed herself. Needless to say, the mother was beside herself and the drs told her she would have to be tested every six months for a period.

That said, I think this is one of those instances where you have to accept what happened and not worry. You cannot change the past and all the worry in the world will only hurt you. So try to find some relaxation and try try try not to worry yourself. You're probably fine. I'm sending you good thoughts!!

Jem27 Guest
    Nomorepanic yes I have before I knew. Which of course is making me panic ten x more:-(

Jem27 Guest
    Thank you Creatrix.

My dr has said I can have a test in 3 weeks time and if thats negative then im to forget it and move on. I hope its negative.

Jem, I give blood whenever I can and if that is his only risk factor, I truly believe you will be fine. Hang onto that for the time being, okay?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information