Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Panic in the Water

Hi Charlie

Thanks for coming back to see us and let us know.

Good luck with the college fees - I don't envy you that expense!!

Nicola

Hiya Charlie,

Glad to hear you and your friend are doing well. That is quite a story ey? My first time reading it today, that is quite scary :(. You know people say everything happens for a reason. Maybe since there is no "medical" conclusion, this was an incident to bring you and your friend even closer if that was possible. So that you two could get through your daughters going off to college together, which I am sure is going to be hard to do. Well done on keeping your wits about you through the whole thing. I wish you and your friend the best of luck in your future endeavors. Keep posting to let us know how you and your friend handle the daughters going off to college.

Take care,

Diana xxxx

WELL I REALLY THOUGHT THIS PARTICULAR STORY WOULD BE OVER. BUT SOMETHING HAPPENED YESTERDAY THAT CHANGED ALL OUR LIVES AND THOSE WHO ARE FREINDS AND FAMILY WITH ROBERT. I ORGIANLLY FOUND THIS WEB SITE BECAUSE OF THE TRAUMA ASSOCIATED WITH SAVING ROBERTS LIFE. NOW IM BACK. MY BEST FRIEND HAS PASSED ON AT 47 YEARS OF AGE. HE WAS FOUND IN HIS HOTEL ROOM SATURDAY JAN 8TH,APARENTLY HE HAS DIED OF A HEART ATTACK IN HIS SLEEP(WE DONT KNOW AT THIS POINT). HE WAS ATTENDING THE ELECTRONICS EXPO IN LAS VEGAS. WE STILL DONT HAVE ROBERT YET,HIS BODY WILL BE FLOWN TO N.C. USA ON MONDAY OR TUESDAY. MEANWHILE WE ARE ALL SHOCKED. I AM ESPECIALLY DISTRAUGHT. IT WAS BECAUSE OF ROBERT I REACHED OUT TO THIS WEB SITE WITH THE STORY OF SAVING HIS LIFE ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO.
    ROBERT LEAVES A WIFE AND 2 COLLEGE KIDS. A SON AND A DAUGHTER(MY DAUGHTERS BEST FREIND).
    HE LEAVES MANY FRIENDS AND FAMILY. I KNEW HIM 16 YEARS.
    I WISH THIS WAS ALL A DREAM, BUT THIS MORNING I WAKE UP TO THE REALITY OF IT ALL.
    THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT AND THANKS NICOLA.
    I WILL BE POSTING MORE. THIS IS A REALLY BAD TIME.
    CHARLIE

Charlie

I really wish that we were welcoming you back to the forum with good news but this is so sad for you :(

I know that you were very close and now to lose him must be devastating for you and the family.

I expect the incident last year made you both even closer so it must be even harder to accept that he has now died.

If there is anything we can do to help then please let us know and our thoughts are with you, your family and the family he has left behind.

This will be a very difficult time for you so if you need an extra support then we are here for you ok.

Sending you a big hug at this time.

Nicola

Dear Charlie,

I am soo very sorry to hear about Robert's death at such a young age.

It might be that he had some sort of underlying cardiac issue and the incident with the water was you saving him from this same condition a couple of years ago.

Its great for his family and for you all that you were very close and open with each other so you can share in your grief.

I hope the girls can support each other when they go back to college.

You and the family look after each other and we are here should you need some support.

Meg

Thanks for the support. I cant believe today. A day of grief,healing and remembering my friend. A day of grown men crying like babies and hugging each other. Thank God for freinds. His family is all in town. There is bulls___ with getting him back from Vegas in the states.. If a autopsy is not deemmed necessary then it cost big bucks. His wife is faced with $11,000 which includes embalming just to get him back here.
    I think his company is stepping up to the plate because he was on business at the Expo.
    The officals rule the death as a PE (pulmonary embolism). It is said they get hundreds a year in Vegas due to this and they atribute it to flying?
    Enough for now. Sorry for the details.. I have to get this off my chest.
    I know most of you are in England, but it doesnt matter. People are people and i appreciate this site because it is definetly helping deal with yet another one of lifes crisis..
    More later
    Charlie

Dear Charlie,

I should think they will be covering it or his life insurance should do so.

A PE can be spontaneous due to flying and altitude but usually there is a form of underlying disease that predisposes someone to being high risk for one.

You keep having times of grief with lots of physical contact and tears. Its so healing..

Big hug

Meg
    www.overcominganxiety.co.uk

You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information