Thread: IBS (or is it)?!! Feeling rubbish.

IBS (or is it)?!! Feeling rubbish.

My IBS has been ok of late, but it has started to cause me abit of aggro 2nite, the usual, feeling quezey and sicky, cramps, bloating, its so uncomfortable. But its causing me to panic abit this time and im not sure why. My mind is racing "what if its not IBS", ive thought this b4 a few times but this time the thought and fear is taking over and im not feeling very in control........ and i hate the anxiety trying to rule me!!! So of course the worrying and panicing is bringing on headaches and dizziness, numbness, and my irrational side is making me worry ive got something other than a boat of IBS and anxiety. Just when things are starting to look that bit brighter for me, something hits me back down again, im feeling extremely low and tired with it all now. Im sorry to rant and moan, i think my fiance has had enough of my tears and moaning tonight, so i thought id write it down and hopefully get a few nice replies! Debs xx

Re: IBS (or is it)?!! Feeling rubbish.

Try not to worry so much. Things like this can always seem much worse at this time of night.

I take it that you have already been to the doctors about this and have some sort medication to help if needed?

hi there, yes ive been to docs several times relating to my tummy issues, and have some meds but they dont always seem to work especially when really bad and tonight not even my old faithful peppermint is helping any.

Hi Debs. I don't really know what best to suggest but just so you know you are not on your own. As I have just mentioned in another post I have suffered with IBS for some years - it usually comes on under high stress situations at work. Do you drink or smoke? I do both and know in my mind they make me a lot worse but am not able to stop.

hiya!

ibs is awful - this is what i get with it:

pain on left side under ribs - same on right side too (this is wind!)

cramps all over, back pain and my most recent was constant pain in my right ovary where i could hardly walk as the pain was so bad. i had a scan and nothing showed up but my doc said that this pain is also a symptom of ibs!

deep breaths and buscopan or colpermin help me but i try not to think about it - swimming helps as does walking.

hayley x

Thanks for the replies, i dont think ibs is a condition i will ever get "used to"!!! Micky82, i dont drink at all, but i do smoke, docs have said b4 that this is a factor but im not mentally ready to try and quit yet, but hopefully i will be in the not so distant future, and my stress factors have been slightly higher lately, im turning 29 on the 26th, and been stressing cuz family want to throw a party and i dont want one, my eldest daughter has just started secondary school, and i was more nervous than she was!!!! Hayley, ive been getting the same pain on my right side near my ovary to, this was a new area of pain for me so i was worrying abit about that, but u have eased that abit for me, so thankyou, i also take colpermin but it doesnt seem to want to ease any of my symptoms this time. I think a big factor for me is the lack of sleep im just so tired it makes all the pysical pains seem alot worse than they probably are. But thanks again all, as always great support and reassurance, all i need sometimes. Debs x

Deds, as Hayley said this pain is also a symptom of IBS. I have had alot of problems with it over the years and also a cystic ovary which they removed and said that that was the problem. Heigh-ho..the pain still persisted and I was eventually told it was the IBS. I have had a full hysterectomy since them and I still get the pain. Sorry it is getting you down at present. I have found that Kolanticon Gel helps and when all else fails it is painkillers and a hot water bag. Hope you feel better soon. XX

Thread Information