Thread: lost will to live 60 mg citlopram perscibed alcholic no work kick off sick lost

lost will to live 60 mg citlopram perscibed alcholic no work kick off sick lost

had a sole mate .... died cancer got a girlfriend .....left me ........on highest dose of citlapram ..... half a bottle of voka a night .... still cant co[pe what to do any sugestions

Re: lost will to live 60 mg citlopram perscibed alcholic no work kick off sick lost

You tried therapy hun? you seem realy down, and that you have a lot on you mind such as frustration and anger. Maybe talking to someone about how your feeling will help hun? I know its hard to do, and me saying it isnt gonna make you...but maybe cut down on the drink hun as that will lower your mood even further.
    Hope your ok, x

Re: lost will to live 60 mg citlopram perscibed alcholic no work kick off sick lost

done the therapy got the tshirt did 12 moths then another 6 months had a soul mate was a manic depresive help each other out but she died of cancer believe she was a member fanella, bin with panic attacks since i was 16 now 38 and takin 60 mg of citlopram as well as half a bottle of vodka a night and diazipram 2mg started as a market trader makin no money new girlfreind went of with another bloke after 7th time of forgivinging her now in debt .... really dont no watta do,

Sorry to hear that you have been through so much. You need to deal with one thing at a time just now. Leanne is right in that the drink will not be helping. The Citalopram cannot begin to lift your mood while the alcohol keeps lowering it. I am glad that you have found us. You will find comfort and support here.

Veronica

dunno just feelin very very down an startin to wonder if its all worth it an where to go form here had all the confidence an every thing at one time now just feeel totally outta it the drugs sorted me out for a while and must amit the panic attacks more or less gone no more checkin ma pulse and makin escuses to leave , no more cotton wool ears as i called it no more hidding in bathrooms no more problems gettting outta ma house door thinking just one more coffee......... but just feel so down.......... my life just feels like it useless tryin anymore..... as soon as it going better somethin just noks me back on am ass ...................

Hi,
    Im sure you feel in a bit of a vicious circle with the whole thing, you drink to feel better, you feel guilty about drinking but then you feel worse .. you have a lot of big things that have happened with people you loved. I can understand why you feel so wretched. It must be very hard and painful. I only know too well how debts just add too that load.
    Makes you want to run for the hills, thats if only you could stop panicking enough to open the front door and go outside.
    Im a bathroom hider too.

I had a friend a few years ago before I suffered myself, he went of the radar for a while, out of concern we called round for him and found him in a pretty bad way and contenplating the worst, completly lost the will to live.
    We picked him up, he went to the gp sorted back out his med and we stuck close around him. At the time another friend had a large dog that he could not handle and this friend who was badly depressed took a like to him and offered to sit the dog for a bit. It was probably a life saving situation but just looking after this dog for a while gave him back a purpose even if it was
    only a small purpose, he walked it every day, fed it scrambled egg in the mornings with himself and in the end tha origional owner said he could kepp the dog as it was so bonded with him.
    funny to think a animal quite unexpectedly could get to a part of my friend and pick him up, where non of us his friend or family could help.
    My friend now is still on his meds but hes no longer at a point where I worry about what he might do to himself.
    I dont know how it appeals to you having a dog or other pet, its not for everyone.
    I have a dog that as done wonders for my agoraphobia Im very much a beliver of animals being therapeutic and a loyal companion in those dark days.

good luck and I hope you find some support on here.

"Oh!" said Chicken Licken, "the sky is falling! I must go and tell the king."

I know where your coming from, I've had 6 years off one thing after another, kept going , and going, more c**p happened still kept going and going, but this year WHAM! I've hit rock bottom, I'm not drinking as much as you but a couple of glasses now and then (more now if I'm honest) then on the bad days a couple more, taking citralopram only 20mg not much use at moment only been 3 weeks, Keep thinking whats the point, every time I feel slightly up something happens and back down I go. Maybe we can suffer together till we get strong enough to get out of this hell!
    All the best (cliche I know but I mean it) and chin up.
    Angela

hi all , another night in wit the vodka didnt even get the motivation to leave the house today apart from the shop to buy vodka and left that till the last minuite .... what am i like ...... oh as for the dog idea , i had a dog for 16 years she died several months ago at hope very peacefully and to be honest as much as id like to get another am struggling to look after ma self never mind a dog , and bella am more than happy to suffer together its sh.te aint it, anyways thought id call in and thankyou every one for the support

Hi Andy
    Sorry to hear how you are feeling.
    I am also sorry to hear about your friend passing away and your relationship ending, plus your job & financial problems too. It cannot be a good time for you and I think its understandable that you feel so down.
    Did you say your friend used to come onto this site??? I am sorry to hear what happened with her.
    You sound so down. Obviously its your decision to drink, however the alcohol will reduce the effects of your medication, (I take citalopram too ) so you drink because you feel down, and so it goes on. You need to break the cycle.
    I do know its easy for me to say, but I know a lot about the effects of drink on people and their physical and mental state as alcoholism runs in my family, killed my grandfather, my sisters have drink problems and drink eventually killed my mum 2 months ago in July eventually after much suffering caused by the problems associated with drinking. She suffered with depression amongst other things but refused anti depressants and all help.
    Her death was horrific.
    I think eventually, after meds, gps and counsellors, it is down to us whether we pick ourselves up, even when it is so hard to do so or just stay down and suffer continually. Its not easy and I know that but its a case of sink or swim isnt it eventually.
    There is help out there for you but you have to want it. You may have had counselling in the past, but maybe you need to have further to help you through the bad times you are going through now.
    Does any one thing make you happy? make you think there's a reason to get up in the morning?
    We know life is tough but we have to keep going no matter how hard because there is hope that things can improve but no one is going to come knocking at our door, wave a wand and make it improve for us. We have to make it improve ourselves. In another years time you could be having a good life and looking back at how you are today.
    My Dad used to say "We are a long time dead" - Just make the time you are here as good as it can be for yourself.
    Ok I am rambling on now...Sorry...I just wish I could help you.
    Keep posting because I know you will get a lot of good advice from the others on the site.
    Look after yourself.
    Last edited by PoppyC; 29-09-09 at 14:23.

Hi andy
    I know that you feel that life isnt worth living at the moment, ive felt like that a lot lately, I know you have probably heard this before but if you suffer from anxiety and depression, alchohol is only a short term solution and can actually make things worse. Ive been on citalopram for 4 years now, they do help but they dont mix with alchohol and may be the reason why you are having these thoughts. Life is really crap sometimes and it seems so unfair to us, but please trust me it will get better. Is there any family or close friends that could help you. I wish I could give you a big hug because I know what its like, just hang in there and please let me know how you are getting on, feel free to message me anytime, im always willing to help anyone thats going through this. you can beat this, i promise

Thread Information