Thread: Unpaid Debts

Unpaid Debts

Im so stupid, why cant I just sort my bills and stuff out like normal people, why do I do it to my self.
    I got my self in gas arrears last year and the gave me a pre payment meter with a payment taken from it to cover the debt every week, well the stupid thing is realy expensive but I didnt have much choice as Im always living on a £0 budget.

This stupid meter did nothing but break down, then in October I put some on the card and by November I was thinking I hadnt topped it up for a while yet I still had gas.
    I checked the meter which was dead. being an idiot I just turned a blind eye and thought Id just carry on with the suposedly free gas I seemed to be getting.
    I knew this would lead to problems but I kept thinking it would stop soon anyway.

Well it didnt, and then by the begining of the year I was realisng the gas supply had kept working by its self for a few months now, and stupid me rather than phone up and fess up, I just try to pretend it wasnt happening. Im terrible at avoiding things.

Well the yearly gas people from my housing assotiation came to check my boiler, and I told them that my meter was dead. I have to by law let them servis my boiler, so I knew I would have to get the meter and gas sorted.
    Anyway about the same time I had a letter through quering my lack of use of my gas pre payment debt card, and they were sending someone round to look at meter. I thought great they will see its not working and fix it and that will end it even if I do have extra debt.

Like an idiot I freaked when the doorbell went cause I had just woke up and stupidly hid!!!!
    so anyway then I sort my head out abit and get round to phoneing the meter fault line who sent someone back round about 2 weeks ago now. No mention of the debt as its a different department.
    Well he fixes the meter says the battery had gone and I still had emergency credit on it.
    So we go to make sure the boiler works and it wouldnt light, so now I have to phone the houseing people up to get them to fix boiler. S o Im panicing at this point thinking there going to tell me off or something stupid and be trying to gear my self up to do it.
    Then last week I get a letter from the gas company threatening disconection, there was a form or a number to fill out so like my usual style I filled the form out instead of phoning.
    Today I got a notice for disconection 1 week commencing the 28th of this month.

My anxiety has now gone sky high and bang, Ive done the old shutting the curtains and hiding routine.
    I have such a thing about phones I dont even use it when my mum phones, I tend to unplug it alot too, its possibley originates to me being partially deaf but either way the thought of phoneing a company or anyone especially when I have nothing to offer makes my blood run cold and as you can guess it sets me off on a full scale panic.

I keep thinking what an idiot I am, I know Im going to have to deal with this and quickly especially with winter kicking in as I use the gas for the heating (water I have an electric tank)

sorry for the rant, I just need to get it out. why do I do it to myself, right now it feels impossible.
    Last edited by chicken licken; 14-09-09 at 13:40. Reason: spelling

"Oh!" said Chicken Licken, "the sky is falling! I must go and tell the king."

Re: Unpaid Debts

Hi Chicken,

If you don't feel able to phone, your local citizens advice will help, they can also help to sort your debts out and agree payment plans that are affordable for you and with them making the phones calls for you it will save your phone bill. Make yourself an appointment asap as you really don't want to be without heating throughout the winter.

Lynnann

Re: Unpaid Debts

Oh poor you. It looks as if you have got yourself into a real pickle. There is nothing to be ashamed of you need to make an appointment with the CAB as Lynnann says. A call to the housing association would not go amiss either. You could explain that this has happened after getting in a muddle and that it was an accident. Please dont leave yourself without hot water and heating with the bad weather coming.

Thread Information