Thread: Beta blockers and heart rhythm

Beta blockers and heart rhythm

Does anyone feel have the same trouble as me. I was diagnozed 16 months ago as suffering with atrial fibrillation and was given a course of betablockers to keep me in rhythm.
    My world fell apart and axiety took over with me living in fear that something serious was around the corner. I have had all teh tests and been told that my heart is healthy and fine but still my mind wone believe it and i live in fear.
    Does anyone have any advice to help meovercome this stressfultime which has overtaken my life?

Re: Beta blockers and heart rhythm

Hi Merlin
    Sorry I dont know anything about your condition, but I do take betablockers everyday to cure my palpatations and help with my anxiety and they work! I was very scared of taking them to start with but now I take them everyday 40mg tablets. Im sure if there was any real concern they would be doing more, so the only thing I can suggest is you take your tablets and see how you feel.
    take care
    Sallyx

Re: Beta blockers and heart rhythm

i have had 4 open heart surgurys and my heart going mad missing beats,jumping around,but the docs told me a heart doc that your heart wont stop which we fear,it just wont happen they laught at me 4 saying that.so u will ok hope this helps xx

Thread Information