Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone got any positive feedback on DP/DR?

Anyone got any positive feedback on DP/DR?

I'm still struggling with this DP/DR . You feel like your not "here" like looking at world from another planet not participating in living somehow. Also when i think of places away from immediate surroundings i get like a shock/ fright as though these places are just in the mind or a dream. Really scary stuff. Any good news on this topic or how to cope with it? Much appreciated . Suzuki

You basically took the words out of my mouth Suzuki.

I can't really offer advice, as I am to struggling with DP/DR and it's been really bad the last two days :(

People have told me to 'not think about it', but it seems incredibly hard as it's there all the time.

I'd also much appreciate some advice.

I feel like that a bit too, I know what it is etc but when people say it'll go with your anxiety i don't really know what to do!

Coz it's kinda constant!

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

*Also when I think of places away from immediate surroundings i get like a shock/ fright as though these places are just in the mind or a dream.*

Im with you 100% here. I tend to think like this as soon as I wake up mostly.

I had this 24/7 for weeks.

I had to go back to work and realized that despite feeling really awful, I could actually function still so I somehow accepted thats how I was today and went about my business. I did take precautions of labelling my car, my bag, me and preprogramming messages into mobile etc in case I forgot who I was ...

As I realized I could still not only function but hadn't sprung several more eyes or at least was still treated as I had been for years, I gained confidence and as I relaxed - Yoga was great- plus a lifestyle overhaul it passed, glimpse by glimpse.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Thanks Meg,

You are right about the appearing normal thing as well.

That sometimes make it harder as well though as people think you are doing ok but you cant explain only coz it doesn't feel real!

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

Thanks for your message. I do believe like you say as the Anxiety level drops the more "real" you become. Suz x

I had it all today at a lunch and walk, but you wouldn't know, so i guess you have to hang onto this a bit and i could still interact and make conversation, it just doesn't seem real somehow,

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">I had this 24/7 for weeks.

I had to go back to work and realized that despite feeling really awful, I could actually function still so I somehow accepted thats how I was today and went about my business. I did take precautions of labelling my car, my bag, me and preprogramming messages into mobile etc in case I forgot who I was ...

As I realized I could still not only function but hadn't sprung several more eyes or at least was still treated as I had been for years, I gained confidence and as I relaxed - Yoga was great- plus a lifestyle overhaul it passed, glimpse by glimpse.

Meg

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.

<div align="right">Originally posted by Meg - 24 October 2005 : 21:52:39</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    I take it everyone on here suffers from it 24/7 as well? Like you have it all the time, not just when your panicking?

How long did it take to fade away Meg?

Mines been pretty bad all day, like usual again :(

I have learnt not to talk specific time spans as then people start comparing with each other and get disappointed.

It was several months worth and I worked really hard at it.

Meg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information