Thread: Could do with a hug or two

Could do with a hug or two

Life's a bit crap for me just now.

My husband has just been told he has no job as of the end of the month. I was made redundant myself in the spring and am only managing to work 2/3 days a week as I have post-viral fatigue syndrome.

So, big money worries ahead. We have three teenagers who are great kids and don't deserve the prospect of losing their home in the near future.

Meantime, I'm struggling with coming off my current ADs and switching to something else. Got halfway there (second attempt) but my latest dose drop brought on withdrawal symptoms.

Not sure how long I can cope on low dose with all that's going on before the panic/anxiety/depression really tales off. Just want off the damn things to start afresh but it's taking so damn long

Re: Could do with a hug or two

Hi JaneC

Hang on in there sounds like you have a great family im sure together you can get through this

Best wishes

Hi JaneC

Sorry to hear you are have a bad time at the moment.

Here is a big hug from me to you keep your chin up.

Take care

Sue

xxxxxxxx

Hi Jane

I've been made redundant 3 times although have just returned to work that I've been in now for 15 years - so believe me it'll get better!!!! Each time I cancelled unnecessary things and cut back where I could but once I was back in employment again things went back to normal. The kids didn't suffer as all they really want is you. You'se will come through this and be all the stronger for it. In the meantime.......

A little hug from me to you
    to make you smile when you feel blue
    to make you happy when you're sad,
    to let you know life ain't so bad.
    Now I've given a hug to you,
    somehow I feel much better too
    hugs are better when they're shared.
    Hope you have a fresh start soon
    Thinking of you....

Chantelle

hugs for u

love sandra
    xxxxxxx

I hope things look up for you! Sending lots of positive thoughts your way!!

-Leslie

Jane

I can sympathise, i am in a similar postion myself, my husband has been unemployed for 17 months now, and i dont work due to my mental health issues. i wont bore you with all the details but its been a tough ride and continues to be, i have, in fact we both been all over the place with it, because of his redunancy payment, apart from 6 months jobseekers allowance we have had no other financial assistance, and have to pay our mortgaqge and our bills, we are lucky we had the redundancy money and we are trying to use it wisely, but after 17 months it is running out and there is a real possability that we could lose our home, if that happens i will be heartbroken. people tell you its only bricks and mortar, which it is, but when you have been ill and continue to struggle, its my 'safe ' place, and i just cant imagine living anywhere else. I have become completely dissillusioned by life/ people when it comes to finding work, people dont even have the courtesy to respond anymore, my husband has wasted time and money travelling all over the country , to interviews, and people dont even know what they are looking for, your time and money is nothing to them, and as for the government helping you out with costs to attend , forget it...unless you can travel the cheapest method on the day of the interview, so ...if you can travel 400 miles and get there on the cheapest mode of transport, ( forgot your own car, they are not interested) and can arrive before your 10 am appointment, your laughing... if not, forget it, they dont want to know, and the comapny dont re emburse you unless you are successful... i know i sound bitter , i am very bitter and sorely dissappointent with this whole business. my husband has worked hard all his life, has 2 degress and has worked his way up the ladder, and at the moment it seems all for nothing. he in general is the opposite of me, he is quite optomistic, doesnt worry too much about things etc, but this has devastated him, and has been terrible to watch, his confidence in himself destroyed, and trying, getting so close on many occasions, and being pipped at the post, or the position being totally withdrawn, because they feel they cant spend the money just now..its pants, i have a whole range of expletives i would love to use, but i will refrain..
    I am sorry i have rambled and reading back this all sounds very bitter and negative, which i suppose it is, but there have been things i have learned, the smaller pleasures in life that sometimes we all take for granted mean so much more, friendships are treasured and appreciated, and i try to show kindness or do good deeds when i can , and as a couple we have become so much closer, i have been given a lot of support by so many people, especially when i am hitting another 'down' time . i think the advice i would give is really try and take each day as it comes, looking too far in advance is frustrating and just doesnt get you anywhere, use the supports that you have, sometimes just airing your fears rather than them going round in your head helps.
    I have dreamt of the time when it will change for my family and look forward to the good times when we can enjoy life once more, im so sorry it this has upset/depressed you, i am crying as i type this, maybe i just need to get it out too.

I hope things change for the both of us very soon, and i wish you all the best, try and stay strong.

p x

Hope things get better real soon
    best wishes
    June

Wish I could do more than just send hugs to you Jane and also to Polyanna.

Both of you will be in my thoughts

Polyanna-sometimes you need to cry and if writing it down helps to release some of the emotion, then you write all you want hun.

Thanks all so much for your kindness, back, especially to Pollyanna.

PanicOver, you are so right about the family thing, my kids most of all keep me going and often seem the only source of joy in my life, I'm so proud of them.

Pollyanna, I can identify with so much of what you said and can only return your kind wishes for things to improve. I shed a tear the other day when it became clear I'd have to sell my car. Such a relatively unimportant thing but it's the only one I've ever owned and was bought with money my uncle left me when he died.

Then I look at my garden, which I have worked so hard in, and feel sad because it's unlikely we'll be here to see it next summer

But you're so right about the one day at a time thing, dealing with each difficulty as it arises and trying not too worry too far ahead. I very much hope things change for your husband very soon and here;s to better times all round.

Jane x

Thread Information