Thread: New symptoms scary as $#%@

New symptoms scary as $#%@

Two new symptoms for me, i just wanted to see if anybody else has shared them at one time or another.

- In the night I woke up (as usual) and before falling back asleep felt as though my heart wasn't beating (funny feeling in my chest, much like an empty stomach, which it could have been), so i checked my wrist pulse and couldn't seem to feel it. Is it possible for your heart to stop for a while and then start again by itself?

More importantly:

- Got a little distressed today, and felt a bit of panic coming on, and felt like the blood pressure in my head got really high, just as though i were doing a headstand, but i was sitting. I could feel and hear the blood rushing through my head and in my temples and behind my eyes, it scared me so badly.

I do have high bp, but the ecg and echo i had a couple months ago were fine.

Are these common symptoms?

Re: New symptoms scary as $#%@

I do get the feeling that my head is full of pressure and my BP is OK not sure your heart can stop and restart but i wouldnt think so, i can never feel my own pulse through my wrists

I have had the first symptom quite a few times. I just told my husband and he laughed (not in a malicious way - he's very good about my irrationalities, lol) I have woken up with a feeling that my heart has stopped and had to feel my pulse for reassurance. It sounds silly when you say it (like my husband said - if it had stopped you wouldn't be able to wonder whether it had, lol) but it is unbelievably scary at the time. xxx

Hi,

The fact that the ecg and echo were normal sounds like it's ectopic beats you are having. A very common symptom of anxiety. It feels like your heart misses a beat. It can be every second, third, etc. beat. They are perfectly harmless. I suffer from them too. I've sometimes had them for hours on end and am still alive and kicking! I now am at the stage though that I realise the more you ignore them and get on with what you were doing they seem to quieten down. Please try not to worry about them.
    Take care
    Myra:

Normal, normal, normal. Let it go hun! Just read all the posts on this site regarding the same issues and then if you realise why we are all here it should all make sense!!!! I get it and when i manage to be happy and distract myself they magically go away! I'm sure you're exactly the same.
    Relax, all is well.

Kel x

Thanks a lot, you are right that when i'm not worried about anything i'm miraculously symptom free, it's just so worrying when i do get symptoms.
    I'm glad somebody can relate

Thread Information