Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Heart skipping beats

Hi Sadie,

I have had all of the symptoms you have mentioned. I don't think the excess air causes the palipitations as I've had both symptoms separately. I remember the first time I had excess air and I thought it was my stomach growling so I just ate and thought nothing more of it. Like your, doctor I'm sure your symptoms are just anxiety since from previous posts we've had very similar symptoms. I would go ahead and get the 24 hour holter test as it will probably put your mind more at ease. If you haven't had one before it's pretty simple and doesn't affect your everyday function.

You have given me some wonderful advice in the past and I'm sure everything is fine with you. Try to ignore it or get some light exercise!

Best

Chris

Hi Chris,

As you can see Im finding it difficult tonight to get to sleep. Anyway,thanks for the help and support, I know you are probably right and that the symptoms are just anxiety. I will mention them to my GP when I go, and see what he says.

Im glad that I have helped you too and I hope that you are feeling ok.

Take care

sadie

Hi Sadie,

I have been getting these extra/missed beats for some time now and yes, at one point I was having them all day every day and it was soooo scary but guess what once I left the job that I was truly miserable in at the time....they almost dissappeared, I think thats is a statement in itself, don't you?
    I have had many ecg's and one 24 hour holter monitor. The results came back and confirmed that I was experiencing ectopic heartbeats and they alone are nothing to worry about and are probably a result of me being a very anxious person all the time and tough times make them worse too, ie - the horrible job!
    I do not want to worry you Sadie but if you are experiencing any other symptons along with the missed beats such as breathlessness(that is definately not you hyperventilating, as I know its hard to tell sometimes!),chest pains, dizziness or fainting or vomiting when you have the missed beats?......if you are then I would definately say go to your GP straight away as there could be an underlying problem, which I am sure in your case there isnt anyway.
    The reason I say all that to you is that when I was told all the above and I realised that I wasnt having anything other than the missed beats it put my mind to rest a little, the last thing I wanted to do is scare you more, I am truly sorry if I have [?]
    So if you do not have any other symptons other than the missed beats then I would say that it is anxiety related and the more you get worked up about them, waiting for the next one to happen......the more they will happen! I know only too well !!!

Listen to me.....I am sitting here trying to give you advise and I am in the same situation really, and I am also useless at taking advice myself!
    That is why I will say this............... I know you are probably still worrying yourself sick about whats going on even if half of you is saying 'I know these people are probably right'.... I think you should still go to your GP and request to have a 24 hour holter monitor, just for your own sanity if nothing else !
    I hope all is ok at the moment, let me know how your going?

Angie
    x

Hi Angie,

Thaks for the support...the symptoms I have are fluttering feelings in my chest which tickles or catches my throat and lots of excess gas gurgling around my body. It feels like a hungry tummy but in the chest area. My breast bones also feel a bit sore too. I always feel like I want to burp all the time!! (sorry i know this isnt very lady like)

I didnt have any symptoms until about 10 mins ago and I just seemed to have one ofter the other..which scared me a bit because I thought that was it!!

I am going to my GP 2morrow, but the one Im seeing isnt very nice..I have had him before and he is quite cheeky so I dont know whether to mention this to him not but I am so scared.[:0]

Well I just want these too go away, hopefully they will pass soon!

sadie

I've had palpitations that last all day, but the more I worry and think on them, the more they go on. This makes me tense, and can lead to an acid stomach or tightness around the chest. Distraction works, preferably exercise of some sort, brisk walking or cycling. I've yet to have anxiousness that a good bike ride can't cure (and one of my mates used to love going out on his bike at 3am. I'm not sure if he was doing this because of anxiety though, he just maintained he loved cycling at that time of night/morning.)

Jim

H Sadie,
    I really hope your feeling better! You have made me feel better more than a few times by either your respondng or reading your posts. I had these really bad before xmas and at work
    i would worry so bad that they would come every few minutes. I signed on and received the wonderful support from our members and they went away for the evening and do re-occur but not like i once had them going. If we had a quarter for everytime we say been there with that sympton we'd all be rich. Hope you ease your mind soon, I really feel for you.

Trina

Trina

Hi trina,

Thanks for the support. I feel a lot better today, thank god as I havent had any flutters today. I spoke to meg earlier and she advised me to smile and say'thats one less I will have' which should help down grade them. Maybe you should give it a go too if you ever get another one and we could let each other know how we are getting on.

Take care

sadie

Once you've had something several times and survived - then it's helpful to 'downgrade' your reaction to them.
    ie instead of going ..Oh No , it's those awful flutters again. I wonder if they'll be continuous today, I'm getting scared.

Do try to change your thought reaction which in turn will change your physical reaction Something like - Oh it's those flutters again. They're uncomfortable but I know they do pass, so thankfully no need to worry about them, I guess they're similar to a sneeze in terms of annoyance.

It may be too hard to put them out of your mind but do just observe them, keep tabs on them but don't allow your thoughts to escalate leading to physical panic.

I had my worst long run of these whilst with a GP friend of mine driving home from a big Costco shop.
    I did a bit of coughing and breathholding to try to shift it but never thought to tell him. I figured they would either pass or he'd find out soon enough if they didn't and I collapsed- this was before I knew much about their non dangerous properties.

They passed without incident as they have done every other time too and now they are non existant or I just don't notice them.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Hi

First had this feeling after a party and drank loads following day felt these missed beats. I went into panic a week later went to hospital and they gave me an ECG said my heart was fine.

The missed beats carried on, sometimes none at all, sometimes several one after the other. Constantly feel pulse, finally had full blown panic attack. Doctor gave me prozac which took the edge off. I was on prozac for 4 years. 18 months ago felt better and came off. Still having missed beats though. This year about 3 months ago started to get anxiety again. Been back to doc gave me Citalopram haven't taken it yet just want to feel normal and happy. Feel like this thing has ruined the last 6 years of my life.

Reading that i'm not the only one helps though.

Thanks

Dale

Had these too since I was a small boy ..At the time I never asked anyone about it...but have in the last 20 years found they are normal.Its usually when you are anxious about something or you have plenty of stomach acid that makes you feel like your heart pushes up or I have even had gas in my stomach make me feel that way ..Its scarry but i find it realy happens when im really nervous or anxious .. Like Im pretty sure it will happen to me tomorrow on the way to the doctor..It scares me to death...the doctor not the weird beat.I have lived with this since I was a small child and im still around with the same issue..So I suspect it wont have any negative outcome for you ... Michael

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information