Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Heart skipping beats

Re: Heart skipping beats

This is awesome. My doctors at the VA tell me all the time that i am not alone. But i do not believe them. I check my pulse all the time lately. Four years ago i had a cardio cath. to check my heart for blockages and the doctor told me my heart was very healthy. After that they went away, but four months ago out of the blue they are back. Ad stronger than ever. I think that i am goin g to die and have a massive heart attack, go to the Er just for them to tell me not to think about it and i may live with these the rest of my life. I am so relieved that others feel the same thing i feel and get anxious as well. might help me sleep tonight.

ive had them for 2 years this september. everyday, most hours!! my drs hasnt even done tests not worried. mine is like beat...beat...beat ..beat pause....beat pause etc! im fed up with worrying about them, i have them now..............wish theyd do one!! xx

My symptoms: My heart skips a beat. It's almost like it is about to beat, then holds it and then beats again. I can feel it in my pulse when this is happening.
    I am new here and it is such a relief to see I am not the only one with this problem and not the only one constantly checking my pulse. This started a few years back and I did see the doctor, got an EKG done and was told everything was fine. What prompted me to go to the doctor about it was, prior to that a previous doctor thought I had a heart murmur, so I was scared. After the EKG came back and said I was fine, the "skipping a beat" stopped. Recently it has started back up again. Seeing the other posts on this site have put me at ease, although it happening as I type.
    I noticed when I was working out regularily, this did not happen. My workouts have drained down a bit, and I think I need to get back in on the action.
    I will say that I am a smoker, but this will start even when not having a cigarette. However, I do think I will be quitting soon.
    Besides the skipped beat, I do not feel ill.

Here is an answer from a cardiologist on the All Experts Cardiology forum:
    http://en.allexperts.com/q/Heart-Car...1/heart-93.htm

"Hello Dr Richardson,

I'm a sufferer of ectopic heartbeats which I have had for years - learnt to live with them over the years, I've had all the test going which include echos, ecgs, bloods, barium meal, holters, - the other day I had a really bad episode where I had lots of ectopics and shortness of breath - I literally had 50 - 60 ectopics in the space of minutes. I could feel the skipped beat in my pulse and I ended up rushing to A&E for tests. At the hospital my blood pressure was fine as was my pulse, ECG show normal sinus rhythm and my cardiac bloods were fine. This episode has brought all the anxiety regarding those back to the surface and I'm now actively worrying about my heart again. My blood pressure as of tonight is 127/84 is this within normal limits???? Do I need to be worried about my heart.

Hello Sean,

Premature ventricular beats are normal heart activity, easy to understand as normal from knowledge of the heart's electrical system and occurring in about half of us. They don't mean you have heart disease or will in the future develop heart disease or any catastrophe. With your normal echoes, you need not worry about your heart."

Apparently, ectopics/pvc's are easily identifiable on an ecg and everything I have read suggests that they are harmless if your heart function is normal, which tests would show.

Hi guys, this happens tome all the time along with uncountable other things that all come from anxiety and panic. Even though i do not feel anxious and am one of the calmest people around. However anxiety doesnt always seem apparent even though it is there. I have had everything from attacks to chest pains hot flushes tightness around rib feeling like im going to fall over when walking. I try and occupy myself with something play on my phone listen to music read something . Doing exercise helps sometimes. I find my self hunched up and tight wen stressed so i try and take a big breath and drop my shoulders.
    The skipping beats are not a dysfunction they are almost like wen food goes the wrong way they are a beat that has gone the wrong way. However frequent they seem to have no real affect on heart. Thinking about brings it on more i know its hard distraction are the way forward . Hope this helps ive had it for three years so asked as many questions as pos and will try help

Sam

Hi everyone,, i have had these symptoms now for 5 months and have seen my doctor just over a week ago about them. He actually heard my heart miss beats when i was there and he said that although there is nothing to worry about, he would book me in for an ecg and blood test which is in a few days time. Now ill try and keep this short to explain , but 8 or 9 months ago i went to a chiropractor for neck and back pain and on your first visit they tell you how the body works etc , now altho i didnt take everything in , i do remember them saying about the electrical impulses in the body and how in controls heart rythem, and if you have nerve and muscle dis-enlignment then this can create a number of problems like heartburn etc. To get to the point i got a family member to give me a full on massage and i also manipulated my neck in the bath. This was 4 days ago and i havent had one missed beat since. Now this wont be for everyone , but what im saying is that if anyone as symptoms related to myself then maybe its worth a try. I am no expert and this may be purely a coincidence , but for 5 months my heart as been doing all sorts of weird beats and for it to stop after what iv explained makes you wonder. All the best.

wow... i am also among those so relieved and pleased to discover this site and all these similar stories

i have had occasional ectopics for years, now and again, but always ignored them as it was usually just one on its own. but a few days ago i seemed to have many more than i can remember having before and it scared me - all day long, with no apparent cause. they also woke me a few times this week at about 3-4am, which i am told is fairly common due to cortisol peaking at that time of night. and i have a day with none, then they are back again. i will be going to my GP for a checkup when they reopen in the new year... i don't really think it's serious enough to warrant a visit to the emergency doctor as i feel quite well otherwise and they do not stop me doing any of my usual activities.

i am relatively inactive & slightly overweight but otherwise healthy (never smoked, never drunk alcohol, don't like coffee), and i have noticed that when i am walking or moving about they stop, and return when i am seated for long periods or laying down. but it was concerning me why they had suddenly appeared and i too wondered if my heart was going to lose its rhythm somehow and just stop - all these reader stories certainly are reassuring that the issue is so common and usually completely harmless.

thank you to all those who have taken the time to write here and help others!

"Miracle Cure".

I have had two heart attacks when I was 48, and now I am 58.

I have been having palpitations, nausea, head spinning, gastric troubles, chest discomforts, heart beat skippings and so many other damn problems for the last ten years that its hard to tell.

And for the last five months or so I would have non-stop burping bouts, almost every day, lasting at times for couple of hours.

I would think of ending my life but then didn't.

Anyhow, only five days ago, I was about to sleep at night and unknowingly I had put my left forearm on my bloated belly, about an inch or two under the rib cage. The forearm reaching from the left of my belly upto an inch or two short of belly button. I felt instant relief. All heaviness in the chest, nauseatic feelings, burping and the skipping of heart beats just stopped. I stayed that way a few minutes and kept feeling the serenity after years. I lifted my forearm and the bad feelings started coming back, along with a couple of burps. I instantly put my forearm back and felt instant relief again.

Anyway, I couldn't sleep with the forearm in that position for the whole night, so I thought of tying something heavy enough around my belly. So I got up and folded a polo shirt about eight inches in length, four inches in width and two and a half inches in thickness, and put it on my belly at the position of the forearm and then tied it with a belt hard enough to feel the same kind of pressure on my belly as my forearm had put on it.

I slept the whole night like a baby after years. It was some Miracle for me.

I kept the polo shirt and the belt tied over my belly almost twenty four hours, except when taking a bath, during the last five days. And am feeling great, never so in the last many years.

Hope it helps other people also. If it helps you, please spread the 'Miracle Cure'.

Quote Originally Posted by angie3077 View Post
    Does anyone else get this[?]
    My heart skips beats all the time every day.
    The only way I can describe it is like a thud that I can feel in my throat and my chest, if I am taking my pulse when I have one then my heart does skip a beat, or an extra beat I don't know?
    It is awful and very scary, my GP says there are nothing to worry about and that they are just ectopic heartbeats.....but hey this is my heart I am talking about and I am very worried, what if it skips a beat and does not get back into a regular rythm? I have all these thoughts and questions going through my mind (mostly bad ones)...but thats what I do best I guess! lol
    There is no particular time they occur though, I could be sitting doing nothing or excercising and when they happen my heart rate speeds up then goes back to normal, but I don't know if thats because when I get them I suddenley panic or get the over whelming urge to cough or take a deep breath ! weird I know but thats what happens
    I do not take any caffiene before anybody asks, I stopped that along with a lot of other things when this started happening(a long time ago), I do not smoke and occasionally drink alchohol.

Angie
    wow thats what i have

http://palps.chemicalforums.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl
    this site will help you! Don't know if its been mentioned, haven'tgot time at moment to go through all replies, but I use it a lot, have lots of skipped beats and hate them! You are not alone!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information