Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeling low and terrible stomach

Rick had a very rough time especially with his innards..

Settle down and read the story:

Constant panic assaults

**I cannot go to doctor, don't want to, embarrassed I guess**
    Westy - Would you call an electrician if your light kept fusing and sparking ? Your doctor is there to help, although at times best used when we can guide them to what we know we need.

Whats the embarrassing bit about being unwell ?

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Hi Meg, RE Doctor,

I feel there is a stigma attached to my condition I am holding down a good job my condition would not be understood by colleague's cannot go sick and believe I can only deal with this anon
    I also do not want medication of any kind, I am reading through the site when time allows I will eventually join 20th century and get my own PC

Since reading site and talking anon to a councillor on Tuesday (No Panic)today I had brief periods of normality which has not happened for over a year I will try and get better through this site sharing experiances
    and using herbal remedy I was told about bach rescue remedy is it any good, and again thank you to all that contribute to this site it has been a great help to me since I joined this week it has become a friend

Westy.

Westy,

I felt the same way. After a while I began mentioning my PAs to a few trusted associates at work, and you know what? Many of them have been thru it too!!! I was amazed. This stuff is not that rare, believe me! And, since you're on the site, you're not anon any more! You are with us, and that's a great place to be.

I, too, took the no med option, and it was probably a lot harder to overcome - but it can be done. I did get a small prescription of xanax, the smallest dose available, for the rough times. But - I probably only used a total of 5 or 6 tabs overall (I would break them in half or thirds, so they went a long way). I have almost a full bottle that I never touched!!! But - it was the security of knowing, that, If things got so bad I couldn't stand it, they were there, and that was good enough for me.

So, try not to totally reject the idea of seeing a GP. It'll make a difference - and, who of your colleagues has to know why you went to a GP? Tell 'em you got a hangnail playing tiddlywinks, or something....

Congrats on talking to a couselor, even if it was anon. That is one of the best things you can do!

Hang in there!

Rick

It is better to be a free bird than a captive king...

Westy

Rescue Remedy - Help needed
    rescue remedy
    Bach Rescue remedy Experience
    rescue remedy

Ok , glad its not you with the GP hang up but potential colleagues reactions..It can be a real issue for some jobs. Air traffic control etc

I made sure that the GP put in my notes - 'anxiety due to recent bereavement' and when I was better made sure she put 'anxiety fully resolved' so it wasn't an ongoing issue .

I figured if ever I needed a medical reference that it would be best to have a definate cause, even if it wasn't strictly true, and a defined stop date.

Let us know if we can help specifically with anything. You still don't have to do it alone.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information