Thread: Fear of going into new places ...

Fear of going into new places ...

Hi there i have just joined the forum today -
    I suffer from general anxiety had a few panic attacks over the years and living with anxiety every day every night ..although
    in the past year on top of everythig else i am scared of going into new places , scared that i will not feel confortable and that this feeling will trigger my anxiety and that i will be stuck there ...not sure if i have it explained well.. Thanks

Re: Fear of going into new places ...

hiya Fran ...welcome to NMP....they are wonderful people on here to help will most stuff. I understand your fear of new places ( and familiar ones) I suppose the best thing is to get over panic disorder which is akin to finding gold in a swamp !!! Some manage to do it but I've not found a way yet after many years . My intentions are good ( excellent in fact) but the practise is a different matter . stay with it and keep in touch on here and let us know of any developments ........good luck xx

Re: Fear of going into new places ...

Hi Pammy nice meeting you- yes it is just fear generally i help myself with some drops ,downers that i buy from italy , but i would like just to go everywhere without 'the worry' . I hope one day i will be free of panic but as you say it is hard , i help myself with couselling but when my anxiety is bad seems all the work i have done is for nothing - anyway i still have hopeThank god ! Keep in touch Fran

Thread Information