Thread: sudden,weird chest sensation.

sudden,weird chest sensation.

Ive read quite a few posts about chest pains etc, i get a few pains in my chest when i have a panic attack, but i dont get them any other time even when im anxious. But today i had a funny feeling in my chest that lasted about 10 seconds if that, and it has freaked me out thinking its a sign to watch out for either a bigger, sharper pain, and im thinking its a warning sign before a heart attack or something. All i was doing was stood in my kitchen watching the tv whilst washing up, and i sort have had a ripple feeling in the centre of my chest between my breasts, followed by a really deep pulling aching feeling, like i said only lasted seconds, but it froze me to the spot, i had a slight wave of panic, went just as quick, but since that happened about 2 hrs ago ive been really frightened to take a deep breathe because the sensation has left me feeling if i take it deep breathe its going to catch me with a bigger pain if that makes sense. I just wondered if anybody else has experienced anything like this b4?? I am going to go to GP on monday cuz i am fretting quite abit about this. Thanks for any replies, Debs xx

Re: sudden,weird chest sensation.

I've had all sorts of weird chest sensations before. It sounds to me like it was probably food-related. Most likely a twinge of acid reflex or some bad gas. I had gas in my chest once and it sent me into a massive panic. I'd never had it there before, only in my stomach. When it's in your chest it can cause all sorts of weird feelings and pain.

Thank u for replying, ive really got worked up about this! it did feel abit like indigestion, but i hadnt eaten anything since the morning and this happened just after half 4, so could it still be food related?? Debs x

Hi Debs

I have acid reflux and get the same sort of feeling with gas
    is scary though

Thanks Marc, it was scary even tho it only lasted seconds. Trouble is, it is a new symptom 4 me, so scared me silly, i keep waiting 4 it 2 happen again!! Debs x

Know what you mean

usually does only last for seconds never quite get used to it though

Sure i will find something else to worry about now though lol x

hi Debs sorry you are scared right now, I know what that's like I have had every kind of pain in my chest from palpitations to a feeling of a fist tighten up and seconds of sharp pain, non cardiac chest pain can be caused by stomach disorders or musculoskeletal pains and because of all the different things happenin in my chest I went for ecg last weekend emergency, all was fine diagnosis : anxiety. Try take your mind off of it. I know I focused on it so much that I did induce more pain, and once I had the ecg, I still have palpitations etc but now I try not pay attention, hugs x

Thank you Janni, im trying not to think about it, it hasnt happened since (fingers crossed) and your right if i focus on it too much i will probably trigger it anyway!! Thank you again, Debs x

I think another factor may have been that you hadn't eaten all day.

I get all kinds of weird sensations in the chest and stomach. Each time something feels different to previous symptoms it can be worrying. I've managed to just lump it all together and kind of ignore it, but it can be hard work sometimes.

Had a bit of a thing last night with tight pains in the stomach but I think that was due to not eating enough at lunch and having been out on the bike. Got home and managed to convince myself that the pains were hunger, and then eat a Chinese takeaway to sort the hunger out, but then I had kind of chest and stomach pains which I tried to put down to indigestion from stuffing too much food down . Had a tiny slight twinge this morning and then everything went tense. Taken half the day to kill that.

It's a mad cycle sometimes.

The frustrating thing is when I get symptoms at times I think I'm relaxed. That can set things off. I try to put it down to the body having an after reaction to all the tension and symptoms I had earlier.

Thread Information