Thread: cannot cope with these feelings

cannot cope with these feelings

Hi my OH was off all of last year with 2 hernia's and various other problems, he nearly lost his teaching job and we struggled like mad to manage once the money was only 1/2 pay and then when we claimed benefits. I have never been so stressed and felt on edge all the time, I also felt like ending it all but know that I wouldn't just to make the feelings stop in my head and body. Anyway he went back to work in May even though he has some pain it is managable and everything was great we have all been so happy and no stress. Last tuesday he stretched and was in agony went to Dr and then sent to emergency assessment ward. They thought it was another hernia that was stangulated but after lots of poking and no scan they think its either another hernia, a pulled muscle or mesh sticking out after last opp. So we are back to square one again, he is off and in pain and fed up, work are annoyed and unsupportive, hospital don't care, but I feel so stressed out already, I was trying to come off venlafaxine for my GAD got down to 1/2 a 37.5mg but am back onto a whole 37.5 mg again.
    I am scared as my link worker couldn't fit me in last time and the Dr said I could only get support if I was a danger to myself or others, so here I am again with no family support locally, scared to death and know that I cannot get any help, there is no help for mentally ill people who are not in Hospital is there? should I have been assessed ? don't know where to turn I am dreading waking up on a morning to this sinking feeling again, I am not strong enough from last year to do it all again, please help? thanks

Re: cannot cope with these feelings

you have us! you need to breathe and take one thing at a time. you can do it if youve done it before because in our darkest hours, we have the strength we didnt think possible. you can do this even if you think you cant. one thing at a time..its going to be ok..tell yourself that

Thread Information