Thread: job searching and Career advice

job searching and Career advice

I'm feeling really down at the mo.
    I would like some Career advice please.
    A few months ago when I was signing on, I was told i had to go on New Deal. A placement was organised for me to go to a Charity shop. I had previously done that and realised I was unsuitable because of my limitations.
    I ended up signing off. I feel let down by not been given more choices.
    Today i arranged to sign on again and have found out, that I still have to go on New Deal and I've got the same advisor that I dislike.
    Feeling stressed now as I so want paid work and to start a new job before next Monday. That would mean the world to me.
    Prevoius employment includes Telesales and postroom work.
    The jobs I'd like to do I'm not qualified for or rarely are advertised.
    I search so much online and in papers and have a CV.
    I have joined agencies but they've never contacted me.
    Admin Assistant or office Assistant I'd like to be even though photography jobs I would love to do.

i just don't know what to do anymore and haven't worked since early last year, through no fault of my own.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">A few months ago when I was signing on, I was told i had to go on New Deal. A placement was organised for me to go to a Charity shop. I had previously done that and realised I was unsuitable because of my limitations.</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    So what do you think limited you from doing this? I do think that we can't always have the job of our dreams when we suffer as we do. We need to be 'out there' in the real world, and that is somewhat therapuetic in itself.

Strangely enough, I do work in a charity shop (unpaid) and have pondered about photography work as a future source of income, but at the moment I am not ready for that - imagine feeling 100% yuk and having an anxiety attack when you are supposed to be documenting the most important day in someone's life...

Make your progress in easy stages, and then you will find that job that you yearn for....

Take Care,

Ray

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
    ~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

Ray. I have Larsen's Syndrome which means I have weak bones and not enough energy etc.
    Think I'll have to take my cv to a professional. Thats probably where I'm going wrong.

Thread Information