Thread: Dr - Hospital very eventfull day - feeling good

Dr - Hospital very eventfull day - feeling good

been up lots during the night with my baby the last 2 night some of you might have talk to me in the chat room during this time. Being awak at night and grumpy is very ouit of caractor for my baby. Last night he started wezzing and was so hard to get to sleep I actualy climbed into the cot to rock his cause he seemed scared and didn't want me out of reach but he would stay asleep when i trted to put down. This morning he was quiet and he was struggling to breath but he was still kind of happy and strange peacefullness about him. I didn't like how he was and went to the dr expecting them to tell me there was nothing wrong and go home and look after him he'll get better. I was having anxiety waiting to see the dr but as soon as we got called in and sat down the Dr took one strange look at him and then at me and said asthma and I just laughed. He also said that my son was a happy wezzer very typical of asthmatic's. He told me the hospital would not diagnoise him as asthma butn as some thing els but that he would be seeing me again soon with the same problem. I just sat there a smiled and said "My kids never stop throwing new things at me thay are all so different this should be fun." He rang the hospital told them I was coming and he had the hospital on speacker and as soon as heard do thay need a ambulance it hit me that my son was really serious. I didn't need an ambulance AT THAT POINT if I'd waited longer to take him who know's. We got the hospital and thay took us straight in and that alway mean's serious. Thay put us in a cubical and then half a dozon nurse ect come rushing in to surounded me and jacob(1y) question and getting the equipment ready and hooking him up to monitor's you name it thay did it. I felt i was back at the moment when I just had my 2nd baby and I told the nurse that the room was spinning I had to end up having 2 pint's of blood put in me. I was calm and laughing about it all but i new it was prety serious. Thay gave him ventolin and he started cry again and new he was feeling better. We had to stay in hospital all day but I had more fun than I thought i would I was more at ease with talking to other mother's with sick kids. I was more at ease about doing what I had to do for my son. I stayed there all day by my self and I only had a fue moment of anxiety nothing major or lasting. I walked around and left him in his cot to make phone call's with out stressing and thinking I was doing the wrong thing.

All the dr and nurse all said thay will see me again and he dose have asthma but thay cant give him the lable asthmatic yet cause he's to young. I left the hospital with 2 puffer's and 2 spacer's and I'm home now and still relaxed about it all.

I still have this feeling inside me that I'm in for a fun time with my son from now on. I wonder what my life will be like with an serious asthmatic. He has to have 2 puff's every 2 to 4 hour depending on how bad he is. Everything i got told today make me feel like he's gona give me a fue big scares in the future and I wonder how i'm going to cope with this new chalenge in my life. I feel good about it not stressing just wondering and that feel good to not being NEEDING to know everything NOW i feel like i really can just take thing as thay come instead of trying to convince my self to take things as thay come which never worked properly anyway lol.

I just thought i tell you about my very eventfull day.

Hey Mum2four!
    wow! I am so glad that you are coping so much better!! That's awesome!!
    If you need to talk about asthma, feel free. My daughter has it too. She has gotten much better lately. It can be very scary, but now that your doctor has diagnosed it, and your son is getting medication for it, you will be able to stay calm because you'll understand what is happening and what to do for your son. You are a good mom and you'll be able to help your son through this! Alot of childhood asthmatics grow out of the condition and don't have asthma as adults.
    (((((((((hugs)))))))))) for you!
    Thinking of you,
    Andrea

"Honey, if ya ain't feelin' the bumps in the road, ya ain't goin' nowhere!" (A wise Georgia Granny's take on living life to the fullest! LOL!)

hi mum,

glad you coped well with what must have been a stressful day for you.

I'm sure that now your son has been diagnosed and helped then his condition will be manageable in the future...

Sarah

First Anxiety...then panic attacks...now GAD and depression...now working on a better future!

You did incredibly well coping with all that Mum. Well done.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
    How big is your gallery ?

Thankyou.

I'm just woke up at 2:30am scared that somthing might be wrong and HAD to go make sure Jacob was OK. It took me a long time to get him sleep last night and I was so tired. I havn't had much sleep in the 2 nights I just want to go back to bed a sleep but I keep thinking and the thonking wont stop so I can sleep. It feel kind of strange right now I feel I was thinking in my sleep and I really never fell asleep fully. I felt the same way at the hospital a fue time I felt Like I was thinking and sleeping at the same time when I was so tired and jacpb was being really fussy.

I'm still having a prety good night concidering what happened yesterday. Normaly I would be thinking so hard and so deep in thought that I want to sceam and hurt my self to stop. I'm doing good but I just getting fue minor symptoms that I'm so use to it's not funny any for more. My cheast feels funny and I'm dizzy. I find the symtoms so anoying thses day's. I've been trying so hard to change my thinking and I'm still struggling some days. Since being on luvox it's more like moments in my day not the whole day so that good.

I'm going to get a drink and try to get back to sleep.

Thank you.

Thread Information