Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need A Friend or Two

Unhappy Need A Friend or Two

Hi everyone - I've just joined and don't really know how this thing works yet so bare with me. I don't have any anxiety/panic attacks but have suffered from depression on and off for the last 14 years. I've just been put on 20mg of Citalopram and am suffering with headaches and feeling very low. My problem is that when I'm like this I can't stop being negative and lonely. My husband and kids don't understand and don't actually want to understand as long. They are quite happy for me to carry on in my own little world as long as they have a taxi service and the house is tidy. I have tried to explain to them that I can't help how I feel and that I need help with everything while the pills start to work but I feel so frustrated - I feel that my depression is now ruling my life and ruining it. I need a really big hug from you all! It's just good to know that I'm not on my own and there are you lot out there to talk to.

Re: Need A Friend or Two

Yo are definately not alone
    i fully understand how you feel with regards to your family mine are pretty much the same and i am left to "get on with it" it has been a real comfort on here talking to people who understand

Have a hug from me x x
    Last edited by PanicOver!!; 21-09-09 at 18:48.

sorry to hear your feeling so low,you will meet some great people on here,and you are not alone(YOU HAVE ALL OF US )

Hello,
    Welcome to the site, i'm sure you'll get the help and support you need on here. I too have depression although i have also had anxiety on and off for a few years, but feel free to pm me anytime if you need a chat. Best wishes x

Hello Mandylou,

You are not alone...there are a lot of people here that will listen and understand what you are going through one of which is me!!!..so whenever you need help just ask
    Big hug to you
    Fran

Welcome to the group!

Hi Mandy lou

you are not alone - this site is full of people who will pull you through. I have suffered depression for over 2 years and was on citalopram 1st time around. They took a few weeks to work but I felt like I got my life back in about 10-12 weeks. I was weaned off them and took depression 6 months later again. This time the GP (a locum) put me on cipralex and it has now been 7+ months and while I am having mostly good days now I am not as good as I was on citalopram. Stick with them - it is hard at the start but is so worth it....in the meantime.....

A little hug from me to you
    to make you smile when you feel blue
    to make you happy when you're sad,
    to let you know life ain't so bad.
    Now I've given a hug to you,
    somehow I feel much better too
    hugs are better when they're shared.
    Hope you have a good day
    Thinking of you....

Chantelle

Hi Mandy Lou,

Whenever you need to talk we are all here for you and each other

Big Hugs

You poor thing ! your definately not alone ! You'll meet lots of lovely people on here. If you ever need a chat then im here.....x

Hey, im new to the anxiety side of depression. Ive suffered for just a year so im not exactly experianced. I had citalopram for 6 months last year and hopefully tomorrow will either be back on them or something else to try and help some anxiety issues im having!

If you ever need someone to talk to give me a PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information