Thread: Sertaline, Evil, Evil,Evil!

Angry Sertaline, Evil, Evil,Evil!

Hi I really need help....I'm coming off 150mg of this horrible drug and I feel like I want to die I'm so ill. Is this normal?? I can't get hold of my Doctor, I did what she told me took one dose missed a day took a dose missed two days then after three days just stopped.
    I have dizziness, loss of feeling in my hands and when I do have feeling it's pins and needles, heart palpertations and I jsut feel like I'm drunk all the time.

It has been eight days since my last tablet, how much longer can I expect to feel like this?
    Any advise is gratefully recieved.

Re: Sertaline, Evil, Evil,Evil!

I really feel for you. It's such a shame that some people go through hell when starting a new drug. You do wonder if it's worth it. Some people seem to get over the initial awful period. If you can suffer it you can always wait and see if things get better. If not go back to your g.p. and maybe get something else. I keep repeating myself but I took sertraline (was terrified!) and I didn't even feel as though I was on any medication and two weeks later I felt great. I'll never forget it. Myself and a few of my friends started anti-depressants and we had good experiences. It's a shame some people have awful ones. I hope you feel better soon.
    Myra

Blimey Bethany!

Thats far, far too fast to stop an antidepressant. It should be structured over many weeks, months even. Get back in touch with your doc to clarify the instructions because I feel this surely cant be right.

When I was reducing Seroxat, it took over 6 months, the last few weeks I was given liquid seroxat because the dose was so small.

Take care

Why don't you phone nhs direct and run it by them, they are great for advice and will get a docs opinion.

best wishes

di xx

Hi Bethany

I have been on sertaline for 13 years. My psychiatrist told me to adjust dosage very gradually. For example 150 mg i was told to reduce by 25 mg each night for at least 2-3 weeks and then, if i was okay, another 25mg for at least 2-3 weeks and so on. Apart from a few twitches this worked well for me.

I would do as Diane suggested and ring the nhs line.

Hope you are soon feeling better

Take care

Sue
    xx

whoahhhhhhhh....hold on .that is MUCH to fast a way to come of sertraline. Im on my 6 weeks of none at all but its taken me months to get to this level. you need to get to a reduced dose daily .......do that for 2 weeks......then a further reduced dose ......2 weeks.....carry on till your on 25 mgs ........2 weeks again .........THEN AND ONLY THEN wean yourself off them ...........week 1......miss 1 pill .........same the next week..........week 2 miss 2 pills a few days apart....for 2 weeks carry on like this untill youre off them altogether .........google in CITA....these people have been a great help to me .......good luck and take care xx

Hey thank you for all your replies...I've since been tolded this was too fast but was only doing what the Doctor told me too.
    I'm starting to feel a little better on day 11, I was pretty desperate though I was so tempted to take some just to get rid of the withdrawl feeling but then I'm back to square one.
    I'm meant to be going on Citalopram but I'm never starting another anti depressant if this is what it is like to come off them. I'm going to try the Linden method as soon as I feel better.

the withdrawal WILL improve gradually........I'm now on week 7 withdrawing from sertraline and I stll have albeit, shorter symptons , just be patient . I will NEVER touch another antidepressant ever. good luck and go easy on yourself .....xx

Did the sertaline work for you tho?
    [Worrying won't protect - it doesn't help and can only make worse. Short term relief of anxiety by google etc doesn't help in the long run and the fact your acting on it only makes worse - let it pass over you

"Rem it kicks in at the unconscious level, thats why, triggers are the cause, remeber the anxiety is like the adrenal system kicking in fight or flight for what you think is no reason, the unconscious is the part that fires this responce"]

It did I have to admit it worked really well my life was normal and far more boring without panic attacks with this drug. Just becasue I had a bad exprience doesn't mean everyone will, I just don't think I'm cut out for medication like this.

Thread Information