Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Testicles

Testicles

Was just idly feeling them when relaxing earlier and under the left one I dunno seemed harder in an area towards the back of the bottom of it then soft more towards the gets harder towards the back.

Can I add I've never felt there in much detail so I can't say if it newly feels lik that. Can't even for sure find the area again just think I've come back to the right place if I'm madly trying to find and feel again for reassurance.

I had a great big check up on them and an ultrascan in March 2004 after I got worried about them (varicose veins, didn't know that before tho). The original tesicle worry is what started me off into my descent into full blown health anxiety and although I didn't think about them muh because I was found to be fine I now think hey, that was just over 18 months ago (last doctor felt them 17 months ago in last session) and I'm just off on one again wondering if I've developed the start of cancer since then. I looked on google I know it's a no no but I needed more info coz I was so instantly panicky :(

I don't know what there is to say they're not aching at present but I can get them to if I think about them and they ached terribly before I had them look in that series of appointments nearly 2 years ago. Anyone else like this/ever been like this?

Very sorry I cant help you but would just like to say it's a massive worry of mine as well. I am so scared of it I never check them which I know is very bad, i'm just so petrified of finding a lump. Good luck, really hope things improve for you.

hi i found a lump when i was 14 im now 22 and still here...i did get it checked said was ok however the lump is still there and it can hurt a little at times so im sure ur ok if been checked

Do u have varicose veins? That was my diagnosis last year.

Hi all,

I registered on this forum just to make this post!

boy, I know exactly how you feel. I was exactly the same up until early this year. I've been to the doctors a few times over the last 5 years about different things I've found 'down there'

I'd come across something and panic, straight to the docs thinking I had cancer.

However, I've had one piece of advice from my doctor, which I backed up looking on the net (just for the record I NEVER do that any more. It's not good!). The last time he told me everying was fine, he explained what each bit was I was feeling. Also, the testicles are individual from person to person. He said that the next time I had a bath, have a really good examination and then remember it. Its drastic changes you are looking for, not just any old lump. I've got lumpy bits all around, but now I just check once a month. Nothing has changed, great!

I don't know how else to put it into words, but it has really helped me. Now I can get on and worry about everything else!

Thanks very much spudgun! That was very good of you to register just for that post! All the best, cheers.

hi boy

i have never found a lump on my testicle but i found a lump on the tube going down to it and made me instantly have a panic attack i phoned nhs direct up straight away as my gp surgery isnt open on fridays and they asid to wai until mondat and make an appointment to go and c them- the nhs direct nurse said to try and not worry but thats easier said than done.

darren

There is light at the end of the tunnel its just finding it thats the hard part

When I had it checked out after my first bout of worry it was a Sunday and I was in a clinic I was given the number to by the NHS helpline that evening. I suggest you try that route. Too right easier said than done :(

Don't worry. Someone as attentive to his testicles as you will notice if there is a real problem. They (or it) would hurt, be enlarged or hard etc.
    Worrying about them obssesively may just create "imaginary" pains and/or soreness. It's not such a big deal. I've known two people who had testicular cancer. It was detected during a routine medical examination and they had the offending ball removed. Problem solved.

Not that I know anything about testicles.....but about 3 years ago my husband had an achey left testicle and he thought he felt a lump. He did see our family doctor who did an exam and sent him for an ultrasound. Nothing abnormal was discovered and within a few months everything had returned to normal and he's had no problems since. As a woman, if I felt a lump in my breast I would have it checked out so I would suggest a lump in your testicle should warrant the same concern. Not that I want you to panic (or anyone else for that matter) but if that is what it takes to put your mind at ease so be it. Good luck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information