Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agomelatine (valdoxan)

Agomelatine (valdoxan)

is anyone on this? or heard of it?

its a new anti-dep, only a few months in use.

i went to the GP to see if i could go on it to replace my current citalopram, as this new drug has very little side effects, but GP said it wont be available to GP's for a few years. :( til then its only available to psychiatrists or mental health professionals :(

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Agomelatine (valdoxan)

Must say I've never heard of this one... It appears to work in a similar way to mirtazapine, while also increasing melatonin.

However, I'd never want to be a guinea pig for a new drug.

Perhaps in a few years we'll have a Agomelatine section here on NMP...

yes been on this drugs 2 weeks now with no adverse side effects,started at 25 mg for first week and my sleep was amazing had a bit of nausea but sleep was gud
    now started on 50 mg for 2nd week hopefully il get better results
    but so far so good

jim

I have heard about this medicine becasue my cousin takes it regulerly. Actually this medicine is for the people who have depression problem. This is an antidepressant which is belonging to a class of drugs that is known as norepinephrine dopamine disinhibitors.

Can it be used with citalopram. Is it on a private prescription x

It is very new from what I've read, and works on depression as well as melatonin as melancholia77 says, which is designed to help sleep.

It will be interesting to see how it fairs in the years to come. Hopefully it will be good, because sleep is so damn important yet easily disrupted by mental health problems..

I'm on for 3 weeks, nothing much good to report yet. Shrink prescribed it.Doesnt help me sleep

joy

I can't seem to tolerate the initial start up side effects of the SSRIs and so was given a prescription for these about two years ago from a psychiatrist. I didn't use it, because I was told I would have to have blood tests for my liver for several months He said that I was the first person he had put on them, laughed and added "you'll be my guinea pig". Well I suppose someone has to be - but I figured I had enough problems without screwing my liver up too!
    I haven't heard much about these ADs in the intervening years, either good or bad. It will be interesting to see how they pan out over time.

Joy - are you required to go for liver function tests?

B x

For depression I have heard good stuff - I think it was shown to be more effective than prozac.

Not much out there for anxiety really.

Yes have to have a blood test after 3 weeks, 6 weeks then 6 months dunno after that
    My liver was fine after 3 weeks which it seems a good sign. Makes you wonder what these meds do to us

Love Joy

Anyone out there on this as well

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information