Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: arachnophobia has anyone there that can help me :(

Question arachnophobia has anyone there that can help me :(

Hello I have just watched the BBC NEWS and they are talking about "invasion of spiders this autumn " I have a a phobia of spiders on top of my normal anxiety ...I am already shaking at the thought of seeing a spider !!!this is awful ...does anyone understand?or any suggestion on how to cope now that I have got this image of the world beign taken over by big hairy spiders HELP

Re: arachnophobia has anyone there that can help me :(

I recently had a meditation where all these spiders were lunging at my face. It was scary, but I faced up to the fear, as I though it might stop me having the nightmares later on. I went into the meditation & through a tunnel with spiders everywhere. It was hard. I went to a new level with my meditation & now I see all these beautiful colours & vivid images in my meditation, as I faced up to my fear. The spiders did not seem as scary anymore.

I read it somewhere along the way, if you face up to your fears in a state of meditation, it can stop recurring nightmares & fix up the problem in real life. It's a way to help the brain process it. That's my coping tecnique.

Have a look on eBay for Spider stop spray. You spray it round the door frames & windows & its supposed to stop them coming in, in the first place.
    They dont like conkers/chesnuts. The spray has those ingredients in it.

Hi ya i feel for ya i too have a phobia of spiders god i even walk round in me trainers incase i see one... I passed my phobia onto my children The previous surgestion sounds good about the spray but apparently because you cant get anything for them anymore as they were know to be good and kill flies not so great if you have a phobia I get so scared going downstairs sometimes incase i see one. I have recently been killing massive ones with the use of a thick book so if i can do it hun you can.

chin up hunnie xx

Hello Melody
    thank you for your advice i was thinking of doing something like that
    or maybe going to the zoo where they do courses for people with fear of spiders
    -

Hi cell block h fan
    that sounds good i did hear about something like that
    back in italy but never heard u could find it over here
    will have a look ....

Hello Dawn
    thank you so much!!!!! You r an inspiration as at the moment i can't get close
    to them i just freeze ..and i think where is my big fury cat when u need him ..i mean is never around when a spider is in the house -
    I would love to be able just to pick them up and throw them out as i do feel bad killing them
    thank you for your help
    f

Hi Fran74,

Since i have read BBC news last friday i've been thinking about it non stop and what was a phobia has become an obsession. On the same night i was coming home and saw two, one on my front door...i was so scared i burst into tears and could hardly sleep that night, i wokr up with the same tension and was still crying...So i understand very well what you going through...
    A colleague told me of this course at London Zoo for people with the same fear and im thinking of going, i want to do something about it, otherwise i'll end up locking myself in and not ever go our again.
    It's nice to talk to someone who feels the same way, since last week i havent' stopped talking about this and feel nobody really understands....

Hi fran
    I have an ant phobia and they come in my house, I fully understand what you are going through. My Hubby doesnt like spiders, so the ants are going (touch wood) and we get spiders, I'm trying a conker in every corner, but I put peppermint pure essential oil down and have noticed they dont really like it. I mix it with a grapeseed/rapeseed oil from a supermarket 100ml - 5ml max peppermint. If I can help you in any way please pm me. There is also a product called dethlac which leaves a clea barrier, this will kill them but takes a few hours.
    Angela

Quote Originally Posted by erica90 View Post
    Hi Fran74,

Since i have read BBC news last friday i've been thinking about it non stop and what was a phobia has become an obsession. On the same night i was coming home and saw two, one on my front door...i was so scared i burst into tears and could hardly sleep that night, i wokr up with the same tension and was still crying...So i understand very well what you going through...
    A colleague told me of this course at London Zoo for people with the same fear and im thinking of going, i want to do something about it, otherwise i'll end up locking myself in and not ever go our again.
    It's nice to talk to someone who feels the same way, since last week i havent' stopped talking about this and feel nobody really understands....
    Hello Erica,
    i have heard about that course as well there was the guy from the london zoo on the bbc with some spiders that they use for the course and well tgey didnt look pretty - I was thinking about doing that course in london myself but i am so scared..let me know if decide to do it ..maybe knowing that will push me to go as well

F

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information