Thread: Allergies

Allergies

I went to the doctor the other day as I had pain around my the sides of my nose ender my eyes etc. Thought it may be my sinuses but I have never had sinus problems so wasn't sure. Doc said its some kind of infection and put me on antibiotics but checked my nose and said it was a "very allergenic nose" which we thought was strange as there arent any allergies i'm aware of. 5 days later I have pain surrounding my nose and under my eyes and the lower part of my forehead. This is making me feel light headed (my main anxiety symptom) so, is it just anxiety, or does anyone think it could be an allergy. Also does anyone have any idea how you would go about finding out what you are allergic to? Sorry for the length of the post. Thank you for reading.

Hi there,
    I suffer from allergies and have done since being a child. I get alot of nasal symptoms from them too, right now my sinuses are really inflamed.
    If allergies are chronic or long term you don't even notice yourself reacting to things always, but your nose notices. Nasal allergies are often caused by airbourne things like house dust mites, pets, pollens, moulds etc.
    There are several ways to find out what you're allergic too:
    1) If you gp thinks allergies are a problem he could refer you to a NHS allergy clinic for tests. Tests involve skin pricks tests and/or blood tests usually. There are not many allergy clinics about though and waiting lists can be long
    2) The other way is to pay for a private blood test. I did that recently and it cost me about £80 if I remember rightly.
    I would try the NHS route first though.

Best wishes,

LJ

Thread Information