Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Will i ever find true love..

Re: Will i ever find true love..

Quote Originally Posted by peggy27 View Post
    Brush yourself down, and look in the mirror, tell yourself how gorgeous you are, and how lucky any woman would be to get YOU!!
    LOL...

look i am getting my sense of humor back already.. although i tried looking in the mirror and i didn't look gorgeous, but i did look a bit better than i did when i looked in a few months back..

Might try looking again next week...

Thanks again for all your kind words, i am truly honored to have the support of such beautiful caring people.

Desprate (Brad Pitt look a like) Dan..

Dear "Brad",

Now we know your true identity, you'll have them all queuing up after you so I think your only problem now will be deciding which one to have.....although you might decide you want to try all of them first!!! Any you don't like, you know where to send them!

Good luck "not so Desprate Dan"

A LOT of people lie about how many partners they've had sex with. A guy my boyfriend used to work with lies about this all the time, but so much so its obvious, and he just looks pathetic and everyone thinks he's dreadful (he is). Another friend of mine is a male virgin at 21 who's had one relationship, but no one thinks he's pathetic because he doesn't lie and is a good person.

If a girl laughs at you during sex, or if your friends mock you over stuff like this - then none of them deserve your time. Its better to be alone than hang round with people like that, seriously!

It sounds like you would be what many girls want, and I am quite sure if you mix with more people and allow yourself to be more confident, you will get into a relationship. You've already shown you CAN be in a relationship - you had a six-year one! Now you just have to have one that's better.

My only word of caution would be that you have a high romantic ideal by the sounds of it, and focus heavily upon finding "true love". Nothing wrong with that in itself, but you are setting yourself up for disappoinment if you chase a dream that is too idealized - no girl will always be nice, affectionate etc 24/7..and in realationships, as you know, there will probably be disagreements etc at some point.

As long as you keep a bit of realism there, I say go forth and good luck!

I agree i have a romantic thoughts of me and the girl i love "who i hope i meet" living happily ever after with 2 lovelly children in a lovely house and are totally in love forever and ever....But i guess thats not reality..

But my last relationship i got abused and used and put down, but i blame me.. because i am a man and should of stood my ground and not allowed this to happen.. Now i am frightened of entering into another relationship incase it ends up the same..

I guess i should learn to love myself, and then i will have more respect for how i should be treated in the future..

But i really am lonely and would love to cuddle up with someone and hold them close...

And for once feel they loved me for being me,.

One Day i will find true love, someone to look forward to coming home from work and sharing the evening with..

oh here i go again i get so soppy...

Dan

course its reality, even the cheesiest of love stories are based on reality, and don't they jsut warm the cockles of yer heart?

you gotta get over this guilt matey and realise it wasn't you, though i know where you're at there as I battle with guilt regularly too.

Aaaaaw! I love you already just from reading your story. The fact that you are a man AND you have proper human emotions would attract any girl. You need someone to talk to who will listen. But you don't have to worry because one day, even if it is in twenty years, someone will come along and prove to you that you really can be happy again. Just take care of yourself for now and let things happen as they happen.

This might sound strange, but in a bizarre way it may help..have you ever read any gender theory/feminist literature that explores what people expect from men and women? It might help you find a more liberating perspective that opens you to thinking differently (more positively!) about yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunalupe View Post
    Aaaaaw! I love you already just from reading your story. The fact that you are a man AND you have proper human emotions would attract any girl. You need someone to talk to who will listen. But you don't have to worry because one day, even if it is in twenty years, someone will come along and prove to you that you really can be happy again. Just take care of yourself for now and let things happen as they happen.
    Thankyou Lunalupe....I find it very hard at times to accept my emotions and try to hide them away for fear of being hurt because to show emotion is not really a man thing to do... I feel like sometimes girls are more attracted to the "Bad Boy" image and anyone who is attracted to the likes of me wants to be in control, i am working really hard at CBT to get back some confidence in myself and confidence in others and to be a more assertive person.

This might sound strange, but in a bizarre way it may help..have you ever read any gender theory/feminist literature that explores what people expect from men and women? It might help you find a more liberating perspective that opens you to thinking differently (more positively!) about yourself. 04-10-09 13:18

What do women expect from men?? surely it changes from women to women all though i am not clued up on this subject, But i dont really want to change the "person" i am to be loved, surely there would be someone who loves me for being just plain old me, with my old fashioned romantic thoughts....

Dan

At least you aren't signing your posts Desperate Dan anymore!!

Dan it is sooo common to get trashed on by people you choose to be with but you got to remember...us girls arent all the same some of us are lovely and caring hehe.

You will find someone that treats you the way you deserve I am sure of it you seem so lovely..how could people not want you

If you want any female views just give me a shout hehe I am happy to help.

Candy xxx
    candyatkinson@hotmail.co.uk

Thank you sweet Candy, its really good to know that there is so many of you lovelly people on here, i could never feel alone anymore you are all like a big family to me, and i love you all, and like wise if i can be any help at all to any of you just need to ask and i will try my upmost...

Take care my friends.

Dan

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information