Thread: good days and bad days

good days and bad days ms again

I would just like a few peoples opinions, does anybody notice that some days you feel quite normal and cant believe you actually worried you had x disease? then wham something happens and you are back to square 1 again. I have been seeing a cpn and receiving cbt but not actually seen a psychiatrist is this normal? I woke up this morning with my little finger completley numb until i moved it and the feeling gradually came back, I have been sent into a complete panic today and really feel convinced again i have ms. Doc says i dont but i have had no tests (apart from an eye scan of the optic nerve). I have actually seen 2 different doctors about 6 or 7 times with different ms worries. And they both say somatic. It started off with a small twitch which for some unknown reason i googled and of course ms came up. Things have just gone from bad to worse ive had dizziness, twitching tiredness, jerking arms whilst falling asleep clumbsiness, wet feelings on my skin and all different things over the past few months. I can quite easily sit here and read other peoples posts and give advice but when it comes to myself i just cant take my own advice. does this sound like ms and how do you keep the good days going.?
    Last edited by rebeccad; 28-09-09 at 14:50.

Re: good days and bad days

Rebbecca

Your doctor doesnt order tests for you because in his or her profeesional opinion , you dont need them. Thats fact and your anxiety cannot argue with that.
    The psychologist that iwas going to told me that the NHS waste millions of pounds on tests and procedures that are not needed for health anxiety sufferers, just to be on the safe side. He meant by this that drs always err on the side of caution....they dont pay for the tests out of their salaries lol but they would certainly not like to loose their healthy salaries just becuase they didnt want to waste nhs money!!

The twitching and all of your symptoms are anxiety . If i dont have hiv then i have a whole lot of horrible symptoms caused by my anxiety that as far as im concerned seem very much like a serious ilness as far as everything that i have read. But in reality the symptoms i have are not debilitating as far as the physical effect, only their mental effect on me beucae i beleive google over medical tests!?!?!?

You are really okay love. The nurse you are seeing is qualified as any one else to give you cbt.......it doesnt have to be a psychologist that delivers it.you really dont need a psychiatrist!

Lisa
    xxxxx

Thread Information