Thread: Spider Veins / Purple Veins :(

Spider Veins / Purple Veins :(

Hey all, kind of worried today . On both my right and left foot I have these red/ light purpe spider veins :( On my right foot there seems to be more of them and some look abit purple. On my both feet aswell i can see alot of veins on my foot.

I also have on my left hand on the palm below the thumb i can see what looks like a dark vein no massive purple but not blue either. I am slo getting a pain in that part of my hand :( I also on both my legs above my ankles my shins are tender and annoying to touch. Also abit achy.

I dunno what to do guys i keep worrying about a clot :(

I am only 20 but i dont really exercise or get out much im not over weight but i dont use my legs alot :(

Im starting to worry guys :( i dont want bad veins at my age

Re: Spider Veins / Purple Veins :(

Hello.

I see this was posted a month ago, but I was googling (I know) for my symptoms and your post popped up.

I don't really have aches or pains in my leg, but I noticed the spider veins today, on my feet. I think they have probably always been there, but as I've been examining them more recently, it started to bother me.

I've had some on my chest for a long time though, and other places

I don't think it is anything to worry about. Extra pressure on that area, change in temperature (eg I noticed them more when I stepped out of the shower, and now I can't so much).

I spoke to someone before about blood clots, as I was getting tightness in my legs, and they said, you would know if it was a blood clot. Your leg would totally swell up, you would be in a lot of pain, and you would see blood collecting in the leg, or lots of bruising etc. (Sorry to be graphic)

Hopefully that re-assures you about blood clots. If it was that it would get very bad very quickly.

You are most likely noticing something that has been there for a while, and searching for a reason, which we all do.

Try and take your mind off it, and i'm sure you'll start to feel less anxious.

Chris x

I am 29 and I am active, and I have those horrible spider veins and purple veins on my legs too. Its kind of like cellulite...they don't care how fit you are Kind of annoying, but I assure you, its not a clot. I also have them on my hands....yeah my mom has them too...thanks for the genes mom!

I hope you are feeling better.

Hey

dont worry at all. Stress and anxiety makes your veins so more noticable, its all the adrenaline and stress hormones. Also anxiety can make us have loads of aches and pains, lots of places. Your just more tuned to noticing physical things when you anxious with ha. I get sore shins sometimes, loads of people do... and beleive me I have asked them!!!

All sounds totallly normal to me

Lisa
    xxxxx

Thread Information