Thread: Going shopping

Going shopping

I tried to go shopping today and got so worried about having a panic attack and ended up having a mild one whilst walking around tescos, Even though it was mild I still came home depressed and felt that the walk i did panic free yesterday was pointless. I keep expecting to wake up and not have them, but I know it takes time so I will keep pushing on and one day they might go, It doesnt help when you think your getting a little better and get a bit of confidence only to find it starts again.

Re: Going shopping

i get this to i think im fine and i try to go shopping and bamm i get another panic and i come home feeling utter crap.

on the good side least u tried and u did do it and it was a small attack.

next time u try try and not think about it i know easier said than done and even if u just walk up a few alise then leave then try again the next day and build it up.

i should really use that as well i have gotten that bad my shopping gets deliverd by asda,

good luck and keep trying

This happened to me so many times, one step forward, two steps back. I kept plugging away, despite feeling it was pointless and it is finally working. I haven't had a panic attack since July and I am able to do so many things I never thought I'd be able to do again.

On Friday I went on a 3 1/2 hour train journey to Devon with no panic or anxiety at all, have been able to go out to dinner, go on holiday, all sorts of things. I find now, that when the anxiety starts, instead of panicking I have learned to go with it and let it wash over me until the feelings subside, I purposely don not allow myself to ask the "what ifs" and I am able to stop panic attacks every tiome now.

I have rambled a bit, but the point is, you will get better if you keep chipping away at the anx. It's a slow and often frustrating journey to recovery, but it will happen, just keep that in mind at all times.

Dont let this faze you. You have made good progress. It does take time and there will be ups and downs. But gradually the gap between them will lesson. When you go shopping just take your time and when or if you feel panic coming just go slow and see it through. Any step forward no matter how small is never pointless. You have been very brave to try.

Thanks for the encoragement guys, i will keep practising and hopefully beat it.

Thread Information