Thread: Will i get an eating disorder?!

Will i get an eating disorder?!

Im really scared! I cant eat at all at the moment.

Since i started beta blockers a week ago ive lost appitite and like trying to eat is really hard. I can be really really hungry and the minute i start to eat or think about eating makes me want to throw up. Im worried, i have to force food down my throat as im so scared im going to develop an eating disorder.

I know anxiety and depression can cause you to lose appitite but i dont want this anymore, i feel hungry but i feel sick all the time! Its really worrying me!

I stopped the betablockers yesterday and started antidepressants instead and today has been really bad for not wanting to eat.

How can i overcome this and not feel sick when eating?

Love Life Live Free - My struggles to love my life and live free of depression and anxiety.

Re: Will i get an eating disorder?!

Hi

Anxiety and meds can cause lack of apetite i too went trough the same thing where i started worring i was never hungry and then i lost a stone so convinced myself it was cancer
    as long as you can get the correct vitamins ect you will get through it, you can buy drinks that give you everything a meal would you could try those it may stop you worrying x

Im just freaking out completely, i cant handle another thing to battle! I want to eat, like i see things that look nice and then when i start thinking "oh im hungry" i suddenly just feel sick like i dont want to eat.

So far today i had a small bowl of cereal, half a hot noodle, 2 fromage frais and a quater of a pizza. I know most of that is unhealthy but it was quick and easy to access. Dinner times are the hardest. Im worried about it.

I dont really want to lose weight and especially not this way :(

Love Life Live Free - My struggles to love my life and live free of depression and anxiety.

Know what you mean, i was eating mars bars to at least get some callories, it will pass onceyou stop thinking of it x

I was exactly the same as you joellie, i lost almost 2 stone! ( i was 2 stone over weight and loved food) but it does get better, try not to think about it too much, you'll just put pressure on yourself, i know i did, i was always thinking i had to eat otherwise i'd waste away, so everytime i was given a meal i had this pressure that i had to eat.

Eventually as you come to terms with your depression / anxiety you will start to eat more.

I do find i can eat more when i'm not forced to sit and concentrate on the meal tho, like watching tv or walking round and eating seems to help.

Yeah just the thought of eating makes me feel sick. Im 2 stone over weight but i really was looking forward to having my contraception out so i could lose it in a safe way. Becuase i know that when you do it that way it stays off. I dont want this to be a crash thing when i know with these feelings it will be. I just cant eat, so i dont and then itl come off and il be unhappy because its not the right way.

Il try not to pressure myself too much to eat. I just find fatty or carby foods to make me feel more ill. I crave things like peaches but then because theyre so sweet i still feel sick. Meh i think my anxiety has calmed down a bit, i will give it a few weeks but if theres no improvement i will see my doctor, if it is a side effect that turns into an eating problem id rather nip it in the bud before it becomes a disorder!

Thread Information