Thread: Trazodone & alcohol

Trazodone & alcohol

Another thread has got me thinking- do any of you drink while taking trazodone? When I was first put on citalopram I went on a night out, had 3 glasses of wine and ended up having an ambulance calle dfor me as I was in such a bad way. The anxiety for the next few days was the worst I've ever experienced.
    I feel that my dose of trasodone is definately right for me, I'm on 150mgs and am dealign with my life much better now. I don't want to rock that boat, but I do want to be able to go out and have fun with my friends occasionally. Is the occasional drink ok? Or based on the experience with citalopram should I just go teetotal?

Re: Trazodone & alcohol

I would definitely avoid alcohol until you have managed to have a word with your doctor or psychiatrist. I am not on the same meds as you but I do allow myself the occasional glass of wine. If your experiences are anything to go by then I would definitely avoid mixing your medication with alcohol. It can increase the effects of the meds or inhibit the drug to work efficiently.

I think it would maybe be a bad idea because both alcohol and trazodone have sedative effects but thats just my take on it. I can't drink anyways as it sends my anxiety through the roof.

Hi..I'm new to this forum..I have slight anxiety and insomnia and was prescribed Trazodone 50mg at night time to help me sleep..I've been taking it almost 2 months now..and it has been working for me..ok back to topic..I've always been super paranoid about mixing alcohol and prescription medication together...therefore when I want to enjoy a few glasses of wine I decide not to take my Trazodone pill at night. Can you go a day without taking a pill? The good thing about Trazodone is it's not addictive..the longest I've gone without taking it has been 3 days in a row.

i,m on trazodone 50mg one at night.
    if i go for afew pints, i wont take trazodone that night.

i dont seem to av any problem.

Thread Information