Thread: threads and reply

threads and reply

Hi does any1 else get become more anxious wen reading all the threads and reply,s on ere it does make me worse than i already are. When i read other ppl,s its like oh i have had that i have had this, i have a fear ov takin medication 4 my anxiety and wen i red the thred on citalopram i was so anxious and panicky i had 2 shut it down, i dont think this site is 4 me with the way i think cos it just seems 2 fuel all my own anxieties in2 that vicious cycle that all us anxiety suffers have. Any1 feel the same or just me the anxious 1.

Re: threads and reply

Hi,

The reason you feel like this is because we become very suggestable when we are anxious - everything you read or watch on t.v. you think "oh no, I'm going to have that next!!" Please try not to get too upset by what you read. I know it's difficult but more often than not the people who have all these symptoms get over them eventually. Try to accept yourself as you are at the moment and not to get the "what if's....". Hope you feel better soon.
    Regards
    Myra

I dont get more anxious when reading things on here. I feel much better knowing that im not on my own and that people are experiencing exactly the same symptoms as me and that its all down to the dreaded anxiety. I was on citalopram a while ago and it really helped me to read other peoples reactions to it, at least i knew that it happened to everyone and that it wasnt dangerous. Ive met some lovely people on here and got lots of advice, ive had a rough few months and i dont think i would of coped without this site...

i know that without reading about what others have said about citalopram i would of been too scared to take it and i knew when i got the side effects they get better. Its those sort of things that are getting me through the first week of taking it also when you feel you are all alone there is always someone there to encourage you to keep fighting. When we are anxious i think we look for all the negatives that people experience why dont you have a look at the success stories on here that may help you loads. I hope that reading them helps you realise there is light at the end of the tunnel and many people do come out the other end happy and strong

You might be one of those people who don't take any side effects at all!! When I took sertraline a few years ago I didn't feel any different apart from maybe a vague mild headache. I took fluoxetine and felt awful to the point where I would probably have had to have stayed off work, which is alien to me!! I couldn't have continued taking them and I felt that in my heart they weren't for me. I know some people seem to take awful side effects but most people I know have had virtually none. It's a case of trial and error but if they don't suit you then you can try something else. I personally feel that some drugs just don't suit some people's chemistry, but there's also some who will.
    Take care
    Myra

I avoid the health anxiety section as i dont have it but sometiems reading in there makes me paranoid. I have a set time for this forum because im really absorbing of emotions atm. Like i can read someone elses problems with anxiety and their worry rubs off on me and i get worried about what they are worried about etc so i try to limit my time. If i feel anxiety come on i just close it and come back to it later.

Love Life Live Free - My struggles to love my life and live free of depression and anxiety.

Thread Information