Thread: my children

my children

hi guys ,

i havent seen my son or daughter for 13 years and have just found my daughter who is now 15 on facebook is it fair to walk into her life after all these years throu facebook i dont know where they live so cant do it that way;(,
    not sure what to ddo some advice would really be welcomed

andy

Re: my children

That's a hard question.

I'm only 23 and this is only my personal opinion..

If my dad was gonna contact me through facebook after 13 years i wouldn't b to happy about it, but then again i might really want to see my dad so i might be happy about it...

Hmm that really didn't help did it?

Can't u contact her mum and go through her to see if your kids want to see you?

I'm not judging you at all and don't want to sound patronizing, but have you really tried everything you can to track down where they live?

If facebook really is the only way to contact her tho, then i would go for it, but she is only 15 and this could be quite traumatising for her.

Sorry i'm not much help but i wish you all the best, in an ideal world everyone should have contact with both their parents again good luck with your decision.

What a diificult question to answer, just my opinion i would contact her and ask her what she feels, if she doesnt want nothing to do with you, i guess you will just have to leave it at that.... But on the other hand if she wants to get back intouch make sure she knows you have always loved and thought about her, but let her make the decisions in her own time... I would go for it because if you dont, you will never know the answer...

What have you got to loose??

Dan

Hi im 28 and i havent seen my dad since i was 4 years old. I often think about him and wonder why hes never bothered about me. I would love to meet him, not because i want him in my life as a father figure but because hes part of me and i want to know what hes like. Im on facebook and have looked for his name but havent found it...
    If i was you i wouldnt add her as a friend instead why dont you send her a private message explaining your feelings, then you could get to know each other first. I hope it works out for you x

Thread Information