Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Pregabalin

Re: Pregabalin

From the BNF:

"Capsules, pregabalin 25 mg (white), net price 56-cap pack = £64.40, 84-cap pack = £96.60; 50 mg (white), 84-cap pack = £96.60; 75 mg (white/orange), 56-cap pack = £64.40; 100 mg (orange), 84-cap pack = £96.60; 150 mg (white), 56-cap pack = £64.40; 200 mg (orange), 84-cap pack = £96.60; 225 mg (white/orange), 56-cap pack = £64.40; 300 mg (white/orange), 56-cap pack = £64.402

Hi I have started pregablin today, for anxiety however, you wanted to hear from someone who takes pregabin for epilepsy. I was on gabapentin ( now stopped) for Fibromyalgia. I was also put on citalopram 10 days ago for anxiety. The two tablets are are to work along side each other to help the anxiety and depression.

However as an epilepsy suffer, I have been taking tegretol for over 20 years now and just wanted to say that all the side effects associated with preglabin are quite normal, I remember after taking the tegretol back at the start is was as though I was drunk for at least a couple of weeks, however those symptoms do subside. The dry mouth becomes less noticeable. This is day one for me on the preglabin ( sorry I have spelled it wrong but not at all with it) so far mouth feels very dry, am very spaced out and had to go to bed for the afternoon. You do also get very vivid dreams on these tablets but I get those with most of the tablets I have been on and as far as I know have always had vivid dreams. The one thing I am not sure about is I seem to have a bit of a sore throat, not sure if that is related to the dry mouth, all my tablets have caused a dry mouth but never as noticeable as this, Am on 75mg twice a day.

Angry Re: Pregabalin

im on pregablin for 2 weeks now, i find them not working as still panicking and i feel tired all the time, i dont eat, are sleep, its scaring when i take an attacks ive tried to harm myself twice

Hi Skirky,

Take care, and make sure to keep in contact with people who can help. Pregabalin is not usually recommended for panic feelings, although it may be useful when you are calmer. Talk it over with a doctor if you continue feeling panic or a need to self harm.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information