Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pregabalin

Re: Pregabalin

Hi all,

Ive been on Pregabalin 150mg for 7 days and initially i felt a little spaced out and dizzy and then 6 days in i completely flipped. Feel so disoriented and dizzy, my head is full of pressure or tension and i feel like i have gone back weeks.

I wonder if we are all guinea pigs. I had such hopes for this drug and i am left devastated. Is it just getting in my system? i'm not sure because some people report it having an instant affect. I truly need some hope here. Struggling.

XX

Thanks for your replies, i really dont know what to do. I feel so ill at the moment, im scared if i take any more i might feel worse. I might take one tonight to see what happens...x

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

It definitely takes some getting used to. I remember struggling with dizziness (and that spacey feeling) for a while. But it helped with sleep and anxiety almost immediately for me. And I started out on a really high dose (600mg!) which I've reduced now. I suppose it's not for everyone ... but I personally think it's 10 times better than SSRIs when it comes to anxiety ... X

has it ever made anyones chest feel sore and tight ? x

Ive been back on them for 3 days now. Ive just been taking one 50mg at night before bed. Im doing this for about a week and then im going to increase the dose. I feel tired, sick and dizzy and ive also been waking up with a banging headache. Ive still got my constant dull headache aswell but im going to give them a chance as i feel this is my only hope of ever feeling 'normal' again ! I'll keep you informed !
    Sarah x

i started taking pregabalin 3 days ago and feel horrendous, im also on cipramil, which i have been on for many years, it got to the point where i nearly walked out of work, which ive been working solidly for 8 months, so i personally wont be taking this drug again, felt dizzy, very uncomfortable, racing thoughts, chest pain, waking up in panic, etc, it might work for some but not for me, thats not to say it wont work wonders for others, good luck and god bless

I've been on medication for anxiety for almost 20 years now, with nothing working very well until I was put on Pregabalin (100mg twice a day) about 4 years ago. I found it worked really well and feel reasonably well most of the time. Due to weight gain and loss of libido and the fact that I feel quite good, I am now coming off them. I took 2 x 50mg for a fortnight, and have now been on one 50mg at night with another week to go. Then I'm free of them for 2 weeks before I go back to see my psychiatrist.
    However, I'm not feeling to good; a bit anxious, jittery and twitchy. Is it normal to feel this when coming off Pregabalin? Should I persevere, or go back to my original dose (which the psychiatrist suggested if I felt bad)?
    Hope someone has some experience or advice on this. Thanks.

know this thread is old.feel like a gravedigger haha.new here and on lyrica.does anyone know when a generic will be available cause im very scared that my doctor will stop giving it to me because of the cost.it makes me feel good but not much help for anxiety

From wikipedia:

"The patent for Lyrica currently expires in October 2013. This is the earliest possible date that a generic version of Lyrica could become available. However, there are other circumstances that could come up to extend the exclusivity period of Lyrica beyond 2013. These circumstances could include things such as lawsuits or other patents for specific Lyrica uses. Once Lyrica goes off patent, there may be several companies that manufacture a generic Lyrica drug."

thanks for replying.spoke to my therapist and she said be honest with my gp.any idea in the difference in cost?im on 150 mg 2x daily so not sure if enough?been on mirtazapine and trazadone but cannot work on them.i hate how my gp can have so much control of me
    Last edited by blunted83; 25-06-11 at 04:25. Reason: forgot something

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information