Thanks for the replies I had last week when I'd worked myself into a state.

I bit the bullet and went to the docs. The lump on my cervix was a nabothian cyst but they took some swabs to be sure.

The doc said I am still very wheezy but doesn't think infection anymore so has given me an inhaler and an appointment to se respiratory nurse. I am feeling slightly reassured that, having been 4 times for this now, no-one seems unduly worried about it or has even mentioned the possibiliy of it being the big 'C'. It is so easy to get worked up about, especially with google as my faithful companion of doom.

I think a major aspect for me is that when I am actually poorly, especially this time with my chest, the symptoms feel so similar to those I have whe I am anxious that I automatically painc and it is a cycle that is hard to break. The tight chest would probably be fine, although not nice, if I didn't straight away jump to "oh my god, I can't breathe, my lips must be blue, I'm going to die!". It seems such a massive leap/over-reaction but I bet I'm not alone in that.

Anyway, thanks for the kind words. I am going to try to put it out of my mind for a while now

T x