Thread: Citralopram withdrawal

Citralopram withdrawal

I was prescribed these due to depression and anxiety. Prior to taking them I was a bubbly individual with occassional feelings of dispair due to various complicated circumstances. However the tablets gave me panic attacks, complete lethargy, lack of libido and feelings of utter confusion. I only took 20mg per day but felt worse taking them.

After reading some of the side effects and some horrendous stories of withdrawal I felt that I needed to come off them. I have no intention of going to my doctor as I know I will be convinced not to. However I am going cold turkey (fourth day). I was only taking them for a matter of weeks and only a relatively small dose but am experiencing side effects. These are dizziness, indigestion, headache and generally like I have a permanent hangover. That said I feel better without them as I feel more alive and am content to go through these symptoms now rather than prolong the withdrawal.

I am saddened that a tablet designed to make you feel better has caused so many ongoing symptoms.

I would be interested to know the views of others?

Re: Citralopram withdrawal

Hi i am currently on these and have been for 3 weeks ive been told that the tablets will give you panic attacks and side effects for upto 4 weeks until they have taken effect. Im hoping that they are not addictive and easy to come off. hope all goes well for you

Sorry chardless, google them. I just did what the doctor said. The symtoms did not go away and sex was the thing that gives me the most enjoyment!

I'll let you know how easy in time but only take them if you feel you really need them. Only uou know that.

Thanks for your message of luck.

I had exactly the same problem. I was prescribed them for depression. I was on 10mg and stopped them after a week cos I felt horrendous! I was in hospital (unrelated) at the time and they made me go cold turkey and I had a week of awful withdrawl and panic attacks.

Thread Information