Thread: Anxiety or palpitations.

Anxiety or palpitations.

Hi

Was on the train and as usual I had the adrenaline I always have, but then my chest started racing. It reached over 130bpm easy. Felt like my chest was gonna jump out. I got off the train and was gonna get myself off to hospital, but i sat on the floor....raining too..

After a while it started to calm down. I picked myself up and went too work.

I spent the day worrying it might happen again...and it did....over 120bpm, but i took myself into our cold server room, breathed the way we are told and after a while it started to calm again.

But im spending my days worrying this is gonna happen again... and what to do about it.

Should I just accept my fast heart rate (upto 160bpm) and wait for it to calm down or what?

At what point should i get myself off to hospital??

I have been investigated b4 and they couldnt find anything, but these episodes are coming more and more.....

Re: Anxiety or palpitations.

Hi Peter my name is Sheila i know what your going through twice my husband has called an ambulance to the house cause my heart rate went to 160 and was like that for 30 mins this has happened twice to me then it usually calmes down to 90 which is still high but i have to live with it!!! i have had ecg heart scan even 48hr monitor on my heart comes back with eptopic beats to which i suffer with daily NOT GOOD but hey 3 yrs on and i'm still here to a fashion but worrying myself senceless!!!!!!

think you should have your heart checked you have to make sure there is nothing wrong i was a nurse ,,that heart rate is far to fast normal is between 60and 100 beats per min please get it looked into your heart is important

I was told at the hospital its stress.

Its driving me bonkers! Though I have to admit, if the damn adrenaline would go away, the heart issues would too!

peter when did you go to hospital..did they put you on heart monitor,i do know it shouldn't be that fast,,, its very dangerous,,dont want to worry you,, have you tried propranolol they will calm adrenaline down so your heart wont beat as fast they are good ,,,i take them and my heart rate was never like yours

Peter I used to have a very fast heart beat ,especially during the night ,it used to wake me up and felt like it was jumping out of my chest .It was very scary ..My Dr perscribed Beta blockers for a short while and it settled down very quickly .I havnt been on them for over a year and its still fine now ..Book an appointment with your gp ,im sure he'll perscibe something to sort this out .Once it starts ,the anxiety it causes makes it even worse .The pills will help .Take care luv Sue x

Quote Originally Posted by gypsywomen View Post
    peter when did you go to hospital..did they put you on heart monitor,i do know it shouldn't be that fast,,, its very dangerous,,dont want to worry you,, have you tried propranolol they will calm adrenaline down so your heart wont beat as fast they are good ,,,i take them and my heart rate was never like yours
    Well the doctor said if the heart rate got that high he still wouldnt be too worried as thats what our rates go up to when we run. Also that they have had elderyl people come in after a few days of having a heart rate in that speed & their hearts were undamaged.

Mine did come back down when I was in the hospital very quickly...well about half hour.

Im told to try beta blockers but tried propanalol before and after a few days felt very faint on the smallest dose.

if your doctor and hospital are happy then it must be anxiety,,,i wa just worried in case you had not had it checked

hiya hun hugs, i know how frightening it can be but with anxiety my heart rate has accelerated greatly too and will calm down when i calm down, the fact that it calmed down when you were at hospital (feeling safer) suggests that anxiety is playing the card with you, take care and i hope that things get better for you x

Hi peter

My heart rate has gone up to this, when I was in hospital as well, have had ECGs and the Doctors were not at all concerned. I just take deep breaths to slow it down and chill myself out, seems to work

Emira
    x

I can and will get through this....

Thread Information