Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a new chat room

Looking for a new chat room

Hi all

A few people have asked if we are going to get a new/updated chat room and I have been looking into them but I guess it would be worthwhile asking what people want from the chat room.

One I have been looking at is 123flashchat if you want to google that.

So what features do people want?

I do not think that voice chat is a good idea - it would be complete mayhem in there

So what features would you like from a new chat room?

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Looking for a new chat room

I never liked the idea of voice chat either...it would be too difficult to make out what everyone was saying and to whom lol.

I don't mind what type of chat room we have but have to admit to liking the features you were telling me about.

Lisa
    xx

If anyone knows of any then please bear in mind that we need to be able to moderate chat - so all messages go into a moderation queue first - as Lisa uses this for the Saturday night quiz so this is a must for any new chat room.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

A definate must for me lol.

anything im happy with but please no voice i find chat confussing enough without everyone trying to talk at one time.

Hi, I think voice chat would be a nightmare - how on earth would you moderate it??

I'd just like to see a few more features like the ability to change your font, more colour choice and possibly a few more smileys.

Sorry I don't know of any applications, I'm a bit dim when it comes to software lol

Sue xxx

Thanks for the input Sue. I think the one I am looking at has all that.

I like the one we have, It's quick and easy to use and to change rooms or pm. If you must change, please can it still be possible to pm and be part of the main chatroom at once. Thanks for all your hard work.

Yes Maddie you can still PM. I will look at the changing rooms and ease of it. Thanks

To be honest I don't think chat needs a radical overhaul, maybe a few more smilies and suchlike?
    One improvement I would like to see but am unsure if it's possible is a more noticeable way of telling if someone has gone into the "help" room. (I know I mentioned this before but seeing as we are going all new and improved..)
    At the moment the only way we can tell is a message on the screen that disappears quickly and sometimes people are missed if they go into help. Then there have been accusations that people have been ignored when in actual fact nobody has realised they have gone into help..you get the picture.
    At present there is a list of who is present in the main chat at the right hand side of the screen, would it be possible to do a separate one to show if there is anybody in the "help" room?

Just a teensy suggestion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information