Thread: 1 step forward, 2 steps back!!

Question 1 step forward, 2 steps back!!

Day 13 on sertraline i am still getting symptoms of anxiety, i have had most things from the shakes, chest pain to stomach problems, i am still however getting lack of appetite, and i am now suffering tight throat and excessive swallowing, on looking on the net (which is dangerous i know) this is usually one of the first symptoms. it just seems i have a good day and think i am getting through it then i get slapped in the face! i know i am not the only one who is in this position but just feels i am going mad, i hate not having any control over this. should these tablets be kicking in yet or am i expecting to much?

Re: 1 step forward, 2 steps back!!

think u need to give it another week atleast, from what i've read on this forum these meds take at least 3 -4 weeks to settle in ur system although i could b wrong.

Time seems to drag when ur feeling all these symptoms doesn't it? Hang in there, i'm sure things'll get better soon.

Tc - Gaz

Hi Mel , I'm on week 6 of sertraline, just been up'd from 50mg to 100mg - I was the same have a good moment then get slapped back with anxiety, then have a good day then wake to be back at square 1. My anxiety went through the roof when I started sertraline - I was having panic attacks in the night and living a nightmare (brain fog most of the day). after about 3weeks the main side effects went but I didn't feel any better. I still now get head aches, tiredness and dry mouth that I didn't before I started taking them, but I have felt alot better in the last few days. Try sit through the bad side effects they should go - it is hard tho I thought I had totally lost the plot for a while when I started them and then just when you think you are getting better you get slapped back in the face with anxiety.
    Try to see any good moment as a positive ./.. you may start with the odd moment, then a few then the odd day then a few and so on - but all the time your are getting better.

Sertraline can take from 2weeks to 8weeks to start to work in different people (according to the net) - I did ask my GP and he told me it was right it can take up to two months

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=54
    Last edited by Panic33; 13-10-09 at 22:03.
    [Worrying won't protect - it doesn't help and can only make worse. Short term relief of anxiety by google etc doesn't help in the long run and the fact your acting on it only makes worse - let it pass over you

"Rem it kicks in at the unconscious level, thats why, triggers are the cause, remeber the anxiety is like the adrenal system kicking in fight or flight for what you think is no reason, the unconscious is the part that fires this responce"]

Hi, when I started sertraline I had virtually no side effect - maybe a slight headache, but I honestly didn't feel as though I was taking anything! This just makes me think that this med was the one I was needing. After 2 weeks I felt so much better. I woke up one morning thinking "why was I so anxious?". I tried another med and felt awful and came off. I don't know what to say about them really - I think different meds are for diff people. It's trial and error.
    Take care
    Myra

Thread Information