Thread: stomach tension/palpitations/chest pain

stomach tension/palpitations/chest pain

For nearly a month now i have been suffering with new symptoms.
    I have been getting tension in my stomach, very much like a butterflies/churning feeling. Also, i have been getting very bad palpitations, sometimes with chest pain.
    Last night especially, i could feel my heart thumping so strong, i really felt i was going to have a heart attack.
    The only time i have had these symptoms previously was when i was having a panic attack but for the past 4 weeks i would say they have been there for around 75% of the time constantly at some level.
    Of course with my anxiety i have been constantly worrying about it which is probably making it worse but i can't help it.
    We are supposed to be going on holiday on November 3rd but i am worried sick that i am going to have a heart attack before we go or be ill while we are there, i feel terrible as my mum is treating me to this holiday to try and make me feel better as i've had such a bad year. It's cost her a lot of money and i don't want to let her down in any way

Re: stomach tension/palpitations/chest pain

This is what anxiety does to you. You experience new symptoms all the time. Just hang in there and keep telling yourself that it's just anxiety. I used to get really bad palpitations also. I felt my heart beating so hard that I could hear it and I also thought I was going to have a heart attack. These things are like mini panic attacks, and you know that it can't kill you. Anxiety takes time to get over. Just think positive and relax! Go on the holiday and enjoy your time! It will actually do you some good. Take your mind off everything and have a good time!

Re: stomach tension/palpitations/chest pain

I have very similar symptons to this and have been constant for nearly 2 weeks but then some days are better than others. As someone mentioned mine is worst when I have nothing to do and dwell on it too much, when I am busy or with friends usually ok.

Thread Information