Thread: My new fave band and social anxiety...!

My new fave band and social anxiety...!

This is three posts in one I guess! I most certainly have social anxiety...I can feel anxious and pressurised in what I call proper social situations...esp as I don't have lots of supportive friends locally and ones I do have are busy..so I am not used to things..I guess that's a little hint at my story....

The success side of things is I've actually been out on my own, five or six times now to see my new fave band....I first ventured to a free all day thing in a bar to have a look, planning to just have a look for a while, and thinking it would be a good thing to try...I managed four hours having seen some friends in there..was a little tough but did it..and the last band on were The Library Suits....they were brilliant!!! I've since managed to see them again in bars and pubs, and one outdoor gig...all times I've felt anxious and had to really push myself, but somehow I connected with the music and had the want to push myself...I've not managed to hang around a great deal and chat etc as yet...but hopefully it will get better and easier...so proud though...it's been hard to explain to people why this band are helping me where other things haven't but it's hopefully the turning of a corner...they are all lovely guys and know who I am now

Reason three for posting..The Library Suits have a single out called You Dont Have To Be A Wizard...I'm plugging to help them as they've indirectly helped me..It's available on hmv.com and itunes and is really catchy...if anyone fancies having a listen that would be fab! it's chart eledgible so who knows? they'll also be on the Hollyoaks Music Show on Channel 4 soon!

Thanks all for listening.

Lauren

Re: My new fave band and social anxiety...!

Congratulations, thats really good to hear. Hopefully it will get easier the more often you do it and you might even be able to go and see other bands you like. Maybe the fact that it isn't purely social as in you are doing something you enjoy might be helping you because you are enjoying the music which relaxs you and takes your mind of the social situation a bit.

I don't know if you would be up for it but I have seen a few sites advertising gig buddies which are people who have nobody else to go along with them to a gig because their friends don't like the band. Maybe in the future you could go along with someone and hopefully make friends with them?
    Last edited by Boris the Llama; 16-10-09 at 01:08. Reason: spelling

Thread Information