Thread: A mixed bag

Unhappy A mixed bag

Hi guys

New to NMP so here goes! About 8 months ago a i had a very stressful time with a now ex partner, I am only 22 years ols and have always been very laid back and generally didn't suffer with stress/anxiety. Out of the blue I started with strange symptoms such as waking in the night with pins and needles in my hands. To cut a very long and boring story short I went to the doctors and he said they were classic symptoms of anxiety but silly me had googled the symptoms and convinced myself I had MS!

I also went to see a neuro, had an MRI and visual evoked potential test all of which were clear and the neuro wasn't worried at all. This was great and I started to feel better but then 2 weeks ago it all started again.. waking with pins and needles, constipation, a sort of numb feeling in the right hand side of my body, constant blurred fuzzy vision in my right eye mainly, funny hearing sometimes if I have been listening to loud music (this never used to happen before), I also feel like I can't breathe sometimes when I am very tired... I get a tight feeling in my chest. Still scared about MS as I have read (on google once again!!) that MRI's can sometimes not detect early symptoms.

Anyone else had similar things???? The doctor seems to think all of my symptoms are a physical sign of anxiety, even though I don't feel too anxious??? Help!!

Thanks!

Re: A mixed bag

Also meant to say I feel very dizzy alot of the time, even when sat down!! Stiff neck and a buzzing feeling in my legs often at night that wears off, sorry to moan but I have never experienced anything like this and so I assume the worst.....

Sounds like your typical anxiety symptoms, but if you aren't convinced just speak to your GP for more advice until you are able to see him/her.

you don't have to feel anxious to have anxiety you have all classic symptoms.9 out of 10 peope on here have all these symtoms at some point.hope you feel better soon maggie

Thank you

But to have the symptoms 95% of the time? I just keep thinking there's more to it. I must have been to the doc's (the family doctor who is very very good) about twenty times in the past 8 months... Its like I just want somebody to say yes I have all of those things (its not even an exhaustive list!) and no I don't have something more sinister that the docs/neurologists aren't picking up on.

Thanks for your posts

Hi there

Have a read of the Symptoms page on the left hand side and it will explain all of these symptoms and why you get them - it may help reassure you.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Anyone else wake up in the middle of the night with a whole body tremor? I think it might be in my leg and with me lying down it feels like the rest of my body is shaking too... once I move around it goes off however. I just feel like my body has been taken over this past year by something I have no control over!

Thread Information