Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: What is it to be alone?

Re: What is it to be alone?

Magz, I hope all goes well with your brother. We'll miss you, but don't feel guilty. It'll just be good to hear from you again when you have the time. Please don't forget to take care of you.

I'm probably going to become the 'intermittent visitor' again for a while cos my brother's relationship has just finished and, having spent the last few weeks trying to help him through the rocky patches, I want to try and be at the end of the phone as/when he needs to chat.
    I've never seen him so devasted over any of his previous girlfriends and that's why I want to 'keep an eye on him' (not easy from over 100 miles away!!)

Magz

I'm glad I didn't upset you. I'm sorry but I have been worrying I had. I just wish I had a sister like you. He's a lucky brother to have you.

Love my new found friends and want to post two links in honour of this....

For you all..........to provide some comfort and support back - cos
    (along with a few 'oldies' eg: Pip's, alexis, Trac67 & Nic) - you don't realise what you've given me lately....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtGF2m102Wg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2euzkVHbmqw

I know the videos might not be the most 'up-to-date' but the sentiment is meant from the heart!

This site is a Godsend and I know I'm always harping on about her but I wonder sometimes if Nic knows just what she's created.

Back to bore you again soon.....
    XX

Quote Originally Posted by pennyforyourthoughts View Post
    Hi John,
    You have such a talent! You're doing the right things to try and get rid of this phobia of yours. Continuously make small steps each day ... set yourself small goals. Meet your fears head on - whatever you do, don't try and avoid them. Can you try and get out more. What about male friends - can you go along with them to some social occasion, even if it is a footie match or quiz evening at the local pub. Do you think you could manage that? Each small step you take is HUGE on your way to total recovery ... and finding that relationship you crave. There is someone out there, John, just waiting to meet you. Don't deprive yourself of that opportunity ... or hers!

Take care,
    Penny
    Hi Penny,

Thanks for your post, all your advice is spot on. And I have been trying to do most of it for the last year. My phobia is getting better but I don't put myself in social situations as often as I should. I have no male friends at the moment either so it is more difficult. But I started doing volunteer work 9 months ago and that puts me into social situations. The ratio of volunteers is also 4 female to 1 male so it is ideal to overcome that aspect of my phobia.

Take care Penny,

John
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.
    From the book Dune by Frank Herbert

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread Information