Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Alcohol and panic attacks.

Alcohol and panic attacks.

Hello, I wonder if someone can shed some light on drinking alcohol and panic attacks.
    I have had a lovely month where they subsided to a managable level,
    I'm afraid I had one to many glasses of wine ytesyerday, and the shaking sweating and mind games has come back full force.

Re: Alcohol and panic attacks.

Yeah i think alchohol most definately makes anxiety/panic attacks worse as does caffeine and apparently also artificial sweeteners.

Hope it gets better for you.

Mand

yea deffo, ive stopped drinking now because i had too much to drink one night and the next morning i had panic attack...started to get better, went out, had too much to drink AGAIN and the anxiety got worse the next day. im off it for good! well, excessive drinkin anyway lol

i had a really horrible experience once.. not sure if it was a panic attack or not because i didnt feel overly panicy but id had a bottle of red wine when away for a weekend and i woke in the night sweating profusely and with my heart racing at what most have been about 160 a minute.. i sat quietly for about 5-10 mins and it did pass and it hasnt since although i do still get palpatations sometimes or alot recently. I am 99.9 per cent sure it was the alcohol.. i dont think heavy alcohol comsumption and anxiety mix at all.

Everytime in the past I have drank heavily, for the next two days my anxiety has been through the roof! They have to be connected! I am on citalopram now and I am certainly staying away from the booze!

Yes, I agree there has got to be a link.

This has happened to me too. Except I never have a problem WHILE I'm drinking, it's once I get home and the following day. And I think it comes from being anxious about drinking, because when I was out having a good time, I didn't panic. It wasn't until I got home and thought about how much I drank and how I felt that the panic attacks started. And they were really bad....

Yes i definately think theres a link. Theres been a few times in the past when ive had a lot to drink and the following morning ive had awful panic attacks, the last time was aboyt 6 months ago and the panic attack was so bad i thought i was dying, i had to call my husband home from work. i'll never drink that much again !

Post removed by author
    Last edited by cymraig_chris; 24-07-11 at 13:08.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzycam View Post
    Hello, I wonder if someone can shed some light on drinking alcohol and panic attacks.
    I have had a lovely month where they subsided to a managable level,
    I'm afraid I had one to many glasses of wine ytesyerday, and the shaking sweating and mind games has come back full force.
    Personally, I have always found that alcohol helps whenever I've resorted to it. Likewise, I don't suffer headaches from cheese or chocolate. It's all about finding one's own limit. Obviously your body has spoken and given you the answer.

I hope you soon feel better Izzycam.

@cymraig_chris: Sounds like fun!. Fresh fruit and veg have a near-instant and positive effect on me. Do you know the scientific reasoning behind this tip Chris?

"I am a part of all that I have met;
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."

- Tennyson

For Those Who Shop Online, you can support No More Panic very easily. Read more here and here. If No More Panic has helped you, consider making a donation.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information