Thread: I'm Confused With Myself... Feeling Very Odd.

I'm Confused With Myself... Feeling Very Odd.

Hi guys. I'm new here. It seems like everyone is kinda nice here so I would like to share my problem with you guys.
    I don't know where to turn to or whom I can tell about my problem, because I'm worried that they might think that I'm a loser or a weirdo. And so this is my problem...

I'm constantly feeling nervous and shaky when I talk to people that I seldom talk to, especially when I'm talking to my lecturers. I feel like my whole body is shaky, my palms are cold and my face seems to shake to. I have no idea why it happened... Same thing happened when I'm talking in public (while doing presentation, introducing myself or whatever). I don't know what else to do, I'm so confused.. I don't even know what I'm facing with. Is this some kind of illness or something? please, help me.

Re: I'm Confused With Myself... Feeling Very Odd.

Hello and welcome. Your symptoms are those of Social Anxiety, which is what I and many others on this site suffer from. There are many here, including myself, who will offer you advice or support. So if you have any questions you need only ask.

All the best,

John
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear.
    From the book Dune by Frank Herbert

i think you should see the docter.it sounds like anxiety,,but to be sure have a word,, if you go to right of page there is a list click on anxiety,in there you will see all symtoms hope this helps maggie

I think that an awful lot of folk feel exactly the same as you do, and you are not suffering from an illness, just a pretty normal nervous reaction when you are put in an situation which makes you feel uncomfortable. It might not be a bad idea to go to some classes to boost your self esteem, you are obviously a sensitive person and there is nothing wrong with that.
    I have felt exactly the same as you do, there are some situations I can handle and others that make me feel anxious.

Thread Information